Dragon's Tail

I just got home a few minutes ago. These GTG's are what make the forum. It's great to see the old friends and just as awesome to make new ones! We definitely have to tackle the dragon again on a much nicer weekend. That road is addictive! I hadn't been down in several years. I'd forgotten how much fun it is. :driver:

The GTG started off wet (I can't believe Jack talked me into driving my truck in that crap) but it finally dried off enough to make a good pass down The Dragon and back then over to Fontana Dam.

This morning was "nice" (no rain) also. No one as on the road and I got to push the truck pretty hard. It's amazing what these bricks will do in the twisties!

Guys, this was GREAT. Like Jimi said these damn trucks handle great, I'll bet we put 20,000 miles use on our brakes. Absolutely no problems, nobody hit any trees or motorcycles, nuthin broke and we got to put some more faces with the names. We need to do this again sometime on a larger scale. (more trucks). My only disappointment was I did not get to meet Roketman.

. . . And the truck DEFINITELY needs it's dirty ass washed. I was scared to park it in the garage fearing I would get my garage dirty! :p

Yea, while all the supercars where hiding in there garages.....

The Viper Truck Community was making the asphalt scream

ViperJeff said:
Yea, while all the supercars where hiding in there garages.....

The Viper Truck Community was making the asphalt scream
More than you know, viperhauler almost made the ditch scream:D

Stinker said:
More than you know, viperhauler almost made the ditch scream:D

Well, it's not like he was worried about scatching a bumper :D

J

wyoramsrt-10 said:
Wouldn't be the first time his truck has seen dirt:D
hahahahaha....no bitches...it wasn't...and won't be the last...:burnout: :marchmellow: ...somehow...someway...!!:D

so the bottom line...

my cornhole, deliverance, in the middle of "fucking nowhere with no fucking cell service"....gtg wasn't THAT bad....since it was ALL my idea;) ;) :D

and i meant to say that it was a pleasure to finally put faces to names .... now i'm really gonna try to talk the wife into panama....maybe tony can woo her...with his wooing capabilities:D

Last edited:
You tell 'em Danny, It was a great GTG, really enjoyed meeting you guys. You gotta come to Panama City.

Man, my truck has never been soooo dirty! But it was worth it. ( least untill I have to clean her back up ) I enjoyed running through the DRAGON but I believe when we left Sunday is when I pushed it the hardest. Roz and I pulled over to wait on FatJack ( who had to go back and return ONE of the keys) man my brakes were hotter than Heck, they were smoking. So after that I just shifted into the curves to brake. Had a good time, Jack furnished all the eats and chef Roz cooked everything up. Oh and I got a chance to show off my fire making abllities. HaHa

Like I said good time, enjoyed meeting all that came and from this day foward will call them friends. Good Folks. Great forum.:rock: :rock: :congrats:

Will post a few pics after I get them off my camera.

Oh and I thinks why Stinker stayed behind when we left was because I saw that dog on it's back again. HAHAH

MisterRite said:
Man, my truck has never been soooo dirty! But it was worth it. ( least untill I have to clean her back up ) I enjoyed running through the DRAGON but I believe when we left Sunday is when I pushed it the hardest. Roz and I pulled over to wait on FatJack ( who had to go back and return ONE of the keys) man my brakes were hotter than Heck, they were smoking. So after that I just shifted into the curves to brake. Had a good time, Jack furnished all the eats and chef Roz cooked everything up. Oh and I got a chance to show off my fire making abllities. HaHa

Like I said good time, enjoyed meeting all that came and from this day foward will call them friends. Good Folks. Great forum.:rock: :rock: :congrats:

Will post a few pics after I get them off my camera.

Oh and I thinks why Stinker stayed behind when we left was because I saw that dog on it's back again. HAHAH
yessir:D that and jacks $25 key:D

I am glad you all had a blast - I should have squeezed some time out to go!!!
was the camera boyz on the side of the road taking pics?
that place you stayed will never be the same - also where Two Lane Black Top was filmed (James Taylor and Dennis Wilson 55 chevy)... yes Fugitive was filmed in that area ...
I will try to run with on the next one!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back