dropped a valve or two

That is pretty much how they all are. You have a big claim, examples: engine, transmission or differential, they are sending an inspector out. The inspector sees mods on the vehicle even as simple as exhaust, expect to have your warranty voided and pay for the repairs out of pocket. I feel the aftermarket (non-manufacturer) extended warranties are a waste of money, the manufacturer contracts are the best you can get but you will pay a little more. Just my $.02....

yeah if you mod, then the saying holds true, you pay to play

now if you can make it look stock when it goes back in for warranty work, then it should be covered

my truck is limited to the K&N CAI - other than that she's bone stock

my fingers are crossed on the engine replacement

as for where to get Max Care - its only offered for those trucks that are STILL under warranty

i.e. - I got my first Max Care policy before I went out of Factory Warranty, then I bought the second Max Care just before my old Max Care policy expired so my answer would be NO you cannot get it after the fact

still haven't heard back on the truck - as for the replacement, it will be a full long block ready to go, but I won't get any parts off the old one, that will go back to dodge

I hope it is under warranty because the Dodge Dealership here wanted $15,000 to replace the motor with a new short block after I spun a rod bearing.:mad: Rebuilt the motor myself with good parts.:D

*****UPDATE********

GOT THE CALL TODAY

Good and bad news

Good news - approved to put a new motor in it under warranty

Bad news - there are no long blocks available in the entire country

So they need to build me a motor by ordering all the parts

Cost of that build a little over $24k

Now they got to get all sorts of permission from hi ups and there's a chance the truck may be totalled under the warranty so that would mean I am getting a check

So exactly how much is it to build one of these engines again with all the good parts?

yeah if you mod, then the saying holds true, you pay to play

now if you can make it look stock when it goes back in for warranty work, then it should be covered

my truck is limited to the K&N CAI - other than that she's bone stock

my fingers are crossed on the engine replacement

as for where to get Max Care - its only offered for those trucks that are STILL under warranty

i.e. - I got my first Max Care policy before I went out of Factory Warranty, then I bought the second Max Care just before my old Max Care policy expired so my answer would be NO you cannot get it after the fact

still haven't heard back on the truck - as for the replacement, it will be a full long block ready to go, but I won't get any parts off the old one, that will go back to dodge

My truck is no longer under any type of warranty but the local dodge dealer said i could purchase a chrysler max care any time i wanted. :dontknow:

Wow man im.sorry bout that!! Hopefully some1 will chime in with good.info.for.ya

So exactly how much is it to build one of these engines again with all the good parts?

Call Arrow Racing, Roe,RSI, Viper Specialty or Viper parts of America.

Most will be in the $12-15K region. VPA has it listed @$15K on their website.

i have extended warranty 3 years 36,000 miles i bought it i can have any certified mechanic work on my truck and they call up insurance and they approve the fix

i have exhaust on my truck and theres no denying my claim as i still have all my cats and stock manifolds as long as u dont touch them u are fine

$15k seems to be the norm if you go all out. You can get away with pistons, rods, main bearings, and full valve train upgrades plus labor for way less than that. Talk to Venomous1, he'll give you a deal you can't refuse.

talked to Sean at Roe

complete racing long block upgraded with all the goodies

balanced and blueprinted and all forged internals

$14,500

complete

so I called the dealership and talked to my service writer and he is calling Sean tomorrow and trying to see if the warranty company will work with them to get the crate motor delivered to the dealership

talked to Sean at Roe

complete racing long block upgraded with all the goodies

balanced and blueprinted and all forged internals

$14,500

complete

so I called the dealership and talked to my service writer and he is calling Sean tomorrow and trying to see if the warranty company will work with them to get the crate motor delivered to the dealership

Does that price include any head work or intake porting?

Does that price include any head work or intake porting?

It's there complete racing motor

Not sure exactly what they do to open up the heads

I'm ok either way

I mean I could be getting a roe racing motor under warranty, for FREE!

That's awesome if you can get that.

yeah, got the fingers crossed at this point

hoping to hear some really great news later today or tomorrow

at this point I am just happy they are not looking to total out the truck with a $25k motor

so I am saving them $10k and keeping my truck

so latest update

NO Roe motor for me

they are building me a motor and going with the $25k option

so there will be a brand new power plant in my baby soon!

Either way it's still a good deal, you're getting a brand new engine either way.

Either way it's still a good deal, you're getting a brand new engine either way.

oh hell yeah, and I'm not spending a dime

of course I did spend $2500 about 14 months ago, and $2000 about 5 years ago

but I don't know too many other investments that would pay $25k on a $4500 investment from just a few years ago

yeah, I am F'ng LOVING my extended warranty right now - MAXCARE LOVE!

oh hell yeah, and I'm not spending a dime

of course I did spend $2500 about 14 months ago, and $2000 about 5 years ago

but I don't know too many other investments that would pay $25k on a $4500 investment from just a few years ago

yeah, I am F'ng LOVING my extended warranty right now - MAXCARE LOVE!

that's the tits. great choice on the warranty

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back