Dual (Quad Tip) Exhaust Mod Made Easy??

Azmal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know many of you here, including myself, have wished for a quad exhaust setup.
Ok so I have this idea that would make the modification of the bumper to support the symetrical exhaust and pretty much anyone could do it... The catch would be running the actual pipes, thats what makes the idea not really efficient overall. Seeing as how any kit sold for our trucks will run the pipes on one side. Of course one could always fake it if they really wanted to...

I'll upload the sketch in a bit, gotta hook up my scanner. I'm just wondering if there would be any real desire for it. I'd be happy to give the idea to someone who can make the item in question to market and sell in return for one kit for me :D

But again the hard part is the pipe work. So its just an vauge, and potentially bad idea as far as a marketable item, but I think I'll have a kit custom made for myself at least at some point.

Here are my sketches. Its not an elaborate sketch so focus on the function instead of the design and drawing uglyness.

It's basically a billet (half)enclosure, and/or accent piece, and I don't think it would be too hard to CNC. It could also be used as a single accent piece for the stock exhaust. But by following an easy template, one could peform a rough cut on their bumper and the billet piece would cover the cut and act kind of like a rolled edge. The inconvienient part would be having the exhaust routed to it. And plus you'd have to get 2 more tips. Not a mass market thing really but it would still be a handy addon for the single exhaust cut.

The actual design could be anything really. I kind of did 2 versions on that first image but the main idea is to have a beveled polished/chromed, or brushed look to it.

Attachments

• File0001.jpg
    File0001.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 300
  • File0002.jpg
    File0002.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 385
there is a member on here 6pakk who has done this same mod. already looks real good pm him and i am sure he will post some pictures.

My buddy told me he saw a Viper Truck this past year with center dual pipes. Kinda like on the BMW M5's but only the two large pipes instead of the smaller quad tips the M5 has. He's a reputable souce as he's a truck guy also with a loaded 03 HO 3500 with a stage II setup. This is a mod I'd be interested in!! I beleive the prototype truck had a setup like this during a press release for the truck back in late 02/early 03 as I remember reading reviews of the press having negative feedback due to an inability to install a hitch and tow with the truck! Also, bye bye spare tire and hello fix-a-flat!!

I was considering true duals in mine. So keep working at your ideas! ;'>
I'll expect a kit in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Great idea, I would think the Hemi Guys would like it as well. Good luck....I'll be watching for the finished product.

Hmm.. Better response than I expected... Thanks ; )
I think I'll go ahead and try to pitch the idea to boomer when he's out of the hospital shop. He's the closest person with whom I'm acquainted (vaguely anyway) that has CNC capability.

So you are more less going to a Chevy Regency type look? But with the billet frame? I love your drawing looks awesome. 6pak was at a recent DodgeTalk meet we were all at and I saw his setup. Its the same exact as the original side from cutout and all. Your idea might look a lot better with the billet look. Good luck !!

Azmal said:
I know many of you here, including myself, have wished for a quad exhaust setup.
Ok so I have this idea that would make the modification of the bumper to support the symetrical exhaust and pretty much anyone could do it... The catch would be running the actual pipes, thats what makes the idea not really efficient overall. Seeing as how any kit sold for our trucks will run the pipes on one side. Of course one could always fake it if they really wanted to...

I'll upload the sketch in a bit, gotta hook up my scanner. I'm just wondering if there would be any real desire for it. I'd be happy to give the idea to someone who can make the item in question to market and sell in return for one kit for me :D

But again the hard part is the pipe work. So its just an vauge, and potentially bad idea as far as a marketable item, but I think I'll have a kit custom made for myself at least at some point.

If there is enough interest I would be glad to produce a kit for everyone. I have a couple of really good ideas that would look trick and ease instal.

Let me know guys.

Steve Austin

Hey guys, isn't that a bit lame?
Any old Cayenne, M5 or whatever has quads! Boring!!!!!
They have V8's, we have 2 extra!
Why not show that "in their face"!
Ditch the spare ( or stove it on the bed ) and mount FIVE pipes in the middle!!!
Had two center pipes on my Navigator and that really get the crowd going!!
Here are some photos of the old gator.
The "truck wing" I had fabricated just for a show in Finland, had the crowd going big time!!!
So lets go for FIVE!!!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back