Dyers Rods Sale

msdnga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1500hp rods I use are going on sale. The are normally $2499 and they are on sale for $2299. They use a .927 pin and 7/16" ARP's
This is till June 1st. PM me if needed.
These Parabolic I beam rods are for forged pistons, boosted applications trying to work safely beyond 600-700 rear wheel.

As you know Marty I am already forged but was wondering about the time frame on receiving as I know someone local that might be interested...I assume these are not a stock item and will have to be ordered...do you have a time from order date to delivery date?

Time frame and in addition, do you have to pull the crank or are they drop in? Do you have to do anything special to the block? What about pistons? I'd like to get a set of both that don't require 1, pulling the engine and 2 any modifications to the block. Why not do a group buy for both?

blackviper said:
Time frame and in addition, do you have to pull the crank or are they drop in? Do you have to do anything special to the block? What about pistons? I'd like to get a set of both that don't require 1, pulling the engine and 2 any modifications to the block. Why not do a group buy for both?
after the last group buy i doubt marty wants todo anymore:dontknow:

You guys crack me up, I would love to see a 60 group buy of Dyers rods. Let me get into work this morning and I'll answer the questions.

I'm sure the # of buyers on this item won't be anywhere near the # of people that took advantage of Marty's SCT.

I still applaud him for being the FIRST vendor to offer the SCT at a reasonable discount. Remember, we had all asked for someone to do that in the past and no one stepped up.

Sounds like a good deal.. but not for me this time.

You have to pull the engine to swap rods and pistons. These rods are specific for a .927 pin, which is not a stock pin size. It is smaller. So you need to order a forged set of pistons specific to that pin. They use the standard 481Clevite rod bearings. Ross Pistons for the V-10 run $1299 usually and $300 for ceramic coating from Calico. It takes 3 weeks to build them. I have a few sets already in the works and can run more if needed.
On the subject of Piston sizing, I highly suggest at least .010 over to set the piston clearance properly. Never order a piston in standard bore. The block needs no modification.
A balance has to be done also when swapping out pistons and rods. Heads and cam motor? No, this is for boost. Big Boost.
Now if I can only come up with a mod to swap a cam without pulling the oil pan.

msdnga said:
You have to pull the engine to swap rods and pistons. These rods are specific for a .927 pin, which is not a stock pin size. It is smaller. So you need to order a forged set of pistons specific to that pin. They use the standard 481Clevite rod bearings. Ross Pistons for the V-10 run $1299 usually and $300 for ceramic coating from Calico. It takes 3 weeks to build them. I have a few sets already in the works and can run more if needed.
On the subject of Piston sizing, I highly suggest at least .010 over to set the piston clearance properly. Never order a piston in standard bore. The block needs no modification.
A balance has to be done also when swapping out pistons and rods. Heads and cam motor? No, this is for boost. Big Boost.
Now if I can only come up with a mod to swap a cam without pulling the oil pan.
marty,

can you get away with forged rods & pistons on forced induction or is more necessary to have long engine life ?:dontknow:

Ahhhh, where we you several months ago when I was looking for Piston Rods?! Good luck with em.

Stock components will not give you any longevity. When boost is the main power adder, you have to control detonation, which with various pump fuels, no-one can tell you what is coming out the pumps octane-wise.
The forged pistons are the first step, but if you are digging into this job, take care of the rods at the same time. Then you will be done for a long time. I run a head stud kit also.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back