Dyno numbers and one hell of a scare!

I do respect the hell outta my dream truck. and FYI It feels GREAT! I know you'll feel it one day.

Dyno'd the truck this past weekend to see what I'm gonna start out at. I'm impressed with the 420HP and 476TQ. This is with my new SCT so I'm happy. Now, what I was not expecting was the new power. I took the truck out to the usual meets Saturday night, and on the way to one of them we do play around. I was not expecting the tires to completely break loose from a 60 punch. SCARED THE HELL OUTTA ME! Needless to say, after the adrenaline was gone, I had the biggest smile on my face. I am in love with these trucks more and more everyday. I absolutely cannot wait til I have the twins on her!

you broke loose at 60. thats f'n sick, and here i am all happy because when i punch it from a stop it chirps the tires when it shifts from first to second...
Thats just awesome..

lol It dont too much bother me whether its true or not. I just hope youve got the respect that these trucks demand. Id hate to see another SRT-10 transformed into a ball of metal.

Im a new owner. Ive put about 800 miles on her & I still dont know how WOT feels.

it took me about a year and at the track to finally feel the WOT feel...you need a dose of it...

Mine chirps from first to second also I think it's cool as s--t but guess they all do what about the rc's I would think third might chirp

it took me about a year and at the track to finally feel the WOT feel...you need a dose of it...

WTF.... REALLY? I hit 6000 rpm's in 1st gear in the back of the dealership parking lot with the salesman in the passenger seat! You should have seen the look on his face, I think he sh!t his pants!!! LMAO

Oh and I call BS on breaking them loose @ 60. Ive had many fast vehicles and you're not going to break the tires loose at that speed in a 5500lb truck with that HP unless you just drove through an oil slick!

Mine chirps from first to second also I think it's cool as s--t but guess they all do what about the rc's I would think third might chirp
There is an onramp near my house that starts out going straight, at a decent incline, then crests with a sweeping right bend. My RC gets loose at 85mph on the bend. It's not as fun as it sounds, lol. And yes, we probably all (RC guys) get 3rd gear chirp ;)

Oh and I call BS on breaking them loose @ 60. Ive had many fast vehicles and you're not going to break the tires loose at that speed in a 5500lb truck with that HP unless you just drove through an oil slick!
When I had the stock 8 year old Pirelli's, and the roads were cold, my RC would break them loose at the top of second (60MPHish). Does that count? :D

Last edited:
1. Your 8 yr old Pirellis were probably as hard as plastic. 2. Hes in TX, I doubt he was seeing 35 degree asphalt.

And 3. If he had that many passengers on board he was well over 6000lbs!!! C'mon really!?!?

1. Your 8 yr old Pirellis were probably as hard as plastic.
At least that hard :burnout:

2. Hes in TX, I doubt he was seeing 35 degree asphalt.
Agreed. That's why I qualified my statements. Even with the rapid cooling asphalt we are having this winter, the new tires made such shenanigans a thing of the past. Still get loose at 85 on that one bend though. :D

Yeah my RC is putting more power to the ground and has weight removed over the rear and ive never had the rear break loose at 60 except when its wet

Im a new owner. Ive put about 800 miles on her & I still dont know how WOT feels.

Really? Heck, I was at WOT on the test drive with the orig owner. Man up and drive it. If you're scared of it; I'll trade my 09 Subaru to you for it.

If you're scared of WOT on a <500HP/TQ truck on dry ground it's a shame.
If you're scared of WOT on a >800HP/TQ truck on dry ground it understandable

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back