Dyno Results

NSDQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BB LT headers, BB catless mids, MBRP dual exhaust, JTSVP TB, Roe 93 octane tune. Dyno'd 403/436 stock. New numbers...444hp/446tq. Tune needs some adjustment though. It's lean under normal acceleration and then pig rich up top in WOT. Will send graphs to Roe for adjustment. Probably another 10-15hp in there once A/F is adjusted. Upcoming mods will be adding the VR1 UDP and JMB ported intake mani.

For everyone's situational awareness, my original dyno was on a DynoJet in Tampa, FL in the summer in the middle of the day. The dyno today is not a DynoJet, it's in Tennessee, and temp was a nice cool cloudy 74*. The HP number of 444 is a corrected number. It made 397 "road" horsepower, but the software corrects the number to depict what it "should" make on a DynoJet. That said, the 41hp increase is consistent with the mods and tuning, but I won't say the 444 is exactly right or correct. TQ number is accurate and not adjusted.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkAwGPWZGbM

Horsepower graph

A/F graph

I'm actually glad I did this dyno run before I add the VR1 UDP so I can hopefully see what the gains will be. Truck is across the street at the shop as we speak getting the other front hub assembly replaced and he's going to throw on the UDP while it's in there.

Jason-

Have you noticed any difference since your exhaust leaks were eliminated? Or have you spent enough time in her to notice?

Yes. In terms of sound, there's no more rumble from under the truck where the leaks were. Until yesterday it sounded like I had 2 exhausts on there. It also sounds smoother inside the truck during acceleration and cruising. I'd also say it feels slightly stronger now, but just a tad. Basically just feels normal.

we'll get in there and find it! I know you would Scott

I would like to hear your results of the UD pulley alone if you can. I've heard happy track results, but since you just dynoed, after pulley install on same machine would be sweet!

Get that A/F around 12.5-12.8 WOT and forget about cruising A/F as its adjusted by O2 sensor to maintain 14.7 -/+ a few tenths. ;-)

Scott, I plan to get back on the big wheel when I get back from Vegas next week. Probably Thursday or Friday of next week. "Should" have ported intake mani by then too. IDK if the mani will really show up on the dyno since no air is really going in, same concept as some people say with the TB, that it will show on the track not on the dyno, but your UDP should show for sure.

Scott, I plan to get back on the big wheel when I get back from Vegas next week. Probably Thursday or Friday of next week. "Should" have ported intake mani by then too. IDK if the mani will really show up on the dyno since no air is really going in, same concept as some people say with the TB, that it will show on the track not on the dyno, but your UDP should show for sure.

The intake porting does make power for sure! The pulley should as well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back