e85

moparviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone run e85 in there truck. I know alot of people are running e85 for race cars/ street strip car/ and daily drivers.

I have a bunch of e85 around me and was wondering what it took to run it it

Anyone have any experience with it good or bad.

I have a friend that runs e85 in his termi and picks up almost 100 rwph over 93

For boost or high compression its great, but the fuel system requirements are a lot more.

E85 is good way to go for sure just make sure you have lots around you.. I know the closest station to me is over an hr away .. SUCKS...

E85 is good way to go for sure just make sure you have lots around you.. I know the closest station to me is over an hr away .. SUCKS...

Luckily with refineries in TX and LA we have E-85 at many stations :rock:
Unfortunately its gone up a bit though due to it not taking off as planned. It also draws in moisture so old gas at the stations that rarely gets used may be strongly contaminated with water :(

# of Cylinders 10

Fuel Pressure (psi) (58)

Engine Aspiration: Natural
Horsepower desired :550
Duty Cycle (90%)

Injector Size Required
Fuel Type cc/min lb/hr
Gasonline 319.53/ 30
E85 415.39/ 40

Hmm, I thought the vehicle had to be Flex-Fuel friendly to use E85

Found this on Can any car use E85?

So most cars made since the early '90s can handle ethanol. The only problem is that non flex-fuel vehicles don't have the sensors necessary to detect ethanol content. They also don't have the control software to manage the air fuel mixture properly. So your car might run on E85, it just won't run well. It could also cause major damage and using E85 usually voids your warranty. So that's why you should not try it.

Hmm, I thought the vehicle had to be Flex-Fuel friendly to use E85

Found this on Can any car use E85?

So most cars made since the early '90s can handle ethanol. The only problem is that non flex-fuel vehicles don't have the sensors necessary to detect ethanol content. They also don't have the control software to manage the air fuel mixture properly. So your car might run on E85, it just won't run well. It could also cause major damage and using E85 usually voids your warranty. So that's why you should not try it.

you can tune the car to run e85. the biggest concern has been running e85 and ruining hoses etc. but dont see why that would be a problem if you only ran it on a track day or night on the town......

you can tune the car to run e85. the biggest concern has been running e85 and ruining hoses etc. but dont see why that would be a problem if you only ran it on a track day or night on the town......

You'll have to have to very different tunes to be able to do that. Not as simple as running it when you feel like it. And again its prone to attracting moisture so you never know content. Yes fittings, seals, and hoses would be recommended replacing.

# of Cylinders 10

Fuel Pressure (psi) (58)

Engine Aspiration: Natural
Horsepower desired :550
Duty Cycle (90%)

Injector Size Required
Fuel Type cc/min lb/hr
Gasonline 319.53/ 30
E85 415.39/ 40

The OP's truck is not a 550hp NA setup, do a basiclly stock truck then yes the factory pump and injectors are probably big enough to keep up.

If your only going to run it at the track or one night on the town why not just run race fuel...then the tune doesn't need to change;)

You'll have to have to very different tunes to be able to do that. Not as simple as running it when you feel like it. And again its prone to attracting moisture so you never know content. Yes fittings, seals, and hoses would be recommended replacing.

from what i understand sct old tuner can run 3 tunes. and the new 10 tunes. so why cant you have a 93 for normal weekday driving. then run your tank down for the weekend, put in some e85 to race then switch the tune to an e85 map. as for as moisture... yes it attracts more moisture but if you drive your car and or are only using it to race then there is no time for moisture to build up. If you are worried about at the pump... get a tester the water and fuel will separate so if you see water at the top of your test tube then dont put it in your tank. As far as fittings, seals and hoses. you dont think they would be fine for occasional use. Would you recomend the same if someone where to use a 114 race fuel. Also I can get e85 at 4-5 pumps on my way to the track. but 114 i have to go 30 mins out of the way for 1 pump.

The OP's truck is not a 550hp NA setup, do a basiclly stock truck then yes the factory pump and injectors are probably big enough to keep up.

Didnt see that so NA 700RWHP only requires 528.67cc 50lb. What is the OP running currently for fuel system?

I really just want to run it to make a little.more power and not have to go to the other side of town to get racefuel.

And whenever I want to spray I dont have to go dump racefuel in

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back