e85

I really just want to run it to make a little.more power and not have to go to the other side of town to get racefuel.

And whenever I want to spray I dont have to go dump racefuel in

If you're going to run it all the time then go for it, but to switch back and forth to me would be a pain in the ass. A lot easier/quicker to just dump race fuel in it

If you're going to run it all the time then go for it, but to switch back and forth to me would be a pain in the ass. A lot easier/quicker to just dump race fuel in it

Thats what the plan is. It would make it alot easier but I dont wanna be the test dummy for this either

I would never run it for one simple reason... As a mechanic, who does a lot of performance cars, i have seen and smelled things that do not seem right. First thing i noticed about E85 is the smell. Run E85 for a entire oil cycle, 3000 miles or so, then change the oil. It smells stronger then a McDonalds deep fryer. Second, spark plugs. They run a whole different color then i have ever seen. I can't even begin to describe that. What does the oil smelling like a deep fryer tell me? Tells me the fuel is getting past the rings and into the oil system, and a lot of it is. Gasoline is a corrosive, destructive, sneaky get-out-of-any-tiny-hole liquid, so E85 being harder to contain under pressure tells me it is too thin. I have spoken to many people who have run it, and most switch back to race fuel when their engines let go. It makes loads of power, but has yet to be tested long term (20+ years). I would never dream of running it personally, despite the added power. Just my $.02

I would never run it for one simple reason... As a mechanic, who does a lot of performance cars, i have seen and smelled things that do not seem right. First thing i noticed about E85 is the smell. Run E85 for a entire oil cycle, 3000 miles or so, then change the oil. It smells stronger then a McDonalds deep fryer. Second, spark plugs. They run a whole different color then i have ever seen. I can't even begin to describe that. What does the oil smelling like a deep fryer tell me? Tells me the fuel is getting past the rings and into the oil system, and a lot of it is. Gasoline is a corrosive, destructive, sneaky get-out-of-any-tiny-hole liquid, so E85 being harder to contain under pressure tells me it is too thin. I have spoken to many people who have run it, and most switch back to race fuel when their engines let go. It makes loads of power, but has yet to be tested long term (20+ years). I would never dream of running it personally, despite the added power. Just my $.02

Good info and truth!

Basically your fuel system has to be twice as big because realistically you use twice as much e85 than gas. So get ready to spend some money on a complete fuel system. The distance you travel on a tank of gas now will drastically shrink

Basically your fuel system has to be twice as big because realistically you use twice as much e85 than gas. So get ready to spend some money on a complete fuel system. The distance you travel on a tank of gas now will drastically shrink

My miles per tank shrunk like a mofo when we put the cam in

run a dedicated fuel cell (maybe 2 gal) with either racegas or E85. problem solved:) tuck it under the hood or beside the Nitrous bottle.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back