East Coast Spring cruise/GTG

trussman

Reaction score
After reading all the dicussion about more involvment for the truck community I had an idea. I know the west part of our state has plenty of events, and to be honest, some good events. But working all the time makes it tough to drive 5-6 hours just to meet for a meal/show and head home. I thought it would be nice to maybe have a slightly slower paced GTG. OK, enough preface.....

Here's the idea. First meet at Cedar Island/ Ocracoke ferry for NC HWY 12. Take the ferry to Ocracoke. Then as we please, cruise HWY 12 and hit up meal spots along the way and maybe end at the Wright Bros Museum. My thoughts are maybe a friday/sat thing or maybe sat/sun. And to be honest, to keep costs down, sleep in the bed or a tent. Sounds redneck but seriously....why did God put the bed on these beast anyways? I have wanted to do this drive/ride for a while but have neevr set aside a time. I figured why not make it more eventful. This would be a fairly long "cruise" at 107 miles but split over 2 days with stops as often as we want it would be a well neded mini vaction for many of us I'm sure.
I have heard this is one of the nicest cruisin roads in the east part of the state and many bikers love to make a few day event of it.

When: Spring before tourist season/traffic
Cost: Food and beverages of your liking if you're not scared of the wilderness LOL
Who can attend: Anyone but Viper car owners b/c the salt air may tarnish the paint. (Just kidding there of course. If it's Mopar I'm fine with it :D )
Maybe This will stir a little east coast love.

Also. Grave Digger is from kill devil hills. With enough interest I would do some leg work to get us a nice tour of his place.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a lot of fun, little too far for me to attend.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back