East Coast West Coast national GTG's

Dominick572 said:
That Panama City GTG sounded good to me.
gonna try to figure out when the weather is nice enough to get in the water and still be cool enough for some good times at the track. i know there'a a lot of condo's right beside our place that has gated parking right on the water if we can get this together early enough everyone could be facing the gulf or if we wanted to do hotel rooms on the beach thats cool with me too. will check to see whats more cost effective and whats closest to track. i heard somewhere that stick said the track was 50 miles from pcb which isnt too far.

eddie102870 said:
gonna try to figure out when the weather is nice enough to get in the water and still be cool enough for some good times at the track. i know there'a a lot of condo's right beside our place that has gated parking right on the water if we can get this together early enough everyone could be facing the gulf or if we wanted to do hotel rooms on the beach thats cool with me too. will check to see whats more cost effective and whats closest to track. i heard somewhere that stick said the track was 50 miles from pcb which isnt too far.

do you have a condo there? do they rent the condos next to ya?.....if so that might be cost effective for people to split condos and sleep several per bldg. One thing to think of too is on the time frame......although spring break brings the girls.....it also makes all the restaraunts and hotels super packed....Might want to just mildly overlap w/ spring break but prob not the exact same week! It would seem like march or april would be warm enough to jump in the water:dontknow: I haven't ever been up there looking forward to it!:rock: :elefant:

I'll check and see if I can find that track.....1/8th is good for me!

Here is the offical website for Break Away Drag Strip.....trun sound up!!!!! Pics on here showing re-surfacing.....traction should be killer!!!!!! I will call the owner Matt tomorrow to find out how much on private rentals which it looks like they will be able to work with us!

http://www.breakawaydragway.com/

Last edited:
Rice Eater said:
Here is the offical website for Break Away Drag Strip.....trun sound up!!!!! Pics on here showing re-surfacing.....traction should be killer!!!!!! I will call the owner Matt tomorrow to find out how much on private rentals which it looks like they will be able to work with us! http://www.breakawaydragway.com/

Chad, Breakaway is 1/8 mile..............................:(

Stinker said:
Well we got a few suggestions from the fla fellas an a few others but hopefully more will chime in with their views also:D

heheh you head still hurt?:p

Like the Idea of the Northeast, southeast thing ....... Lot of trucks in the NE, and there are a couple of tracks around ......

JimTeTe said:
Like the Idea of the Northeast, southeast thing ....... Lot of trucks in the NE, and there are a couple of tracks around ......

Thats what we need Jim:rock:

I dont think we want what we would call heads of regions , but people that could coordinate the GTG.

This is the way it could look

West coast GTG spring or fall

Southeast GTG

Northeast GTG

Mid Central GTG

With Show champs and different mod drag champs at the end of the year

Then the forum could either vote or we could have final National at the mopar Nats to determine national champ:rock: in each class.

The one thing is at Panama like Jack says its 1/8 mile, where some will have 1/4 mile, but maybe if the set up is good, it should work for both.

How cool would it be to have outnumbered, Srt-Iz, Dominick, and ntwrk all in a final for show at the Nats

And a special class jsut for us in the 1/4 mile, Nowwhat , Boomer, Justin, RiceEater in a finally for fastest SRT:rock:

Just something to think about guys:elefant:

Panama City sounds nice but a lil far imo.... if your making an East Coast Event I'd think we'd be better served doing something centrally located!!

Stinker said:
Thats what we need Jim:rock:

I dont think we want what we would call heads of regions , but people that could coordinate the GTG.

This is the way it could look

West coast GTG spring or fall

Southeast GTG

Northeast GTG

Mid Central GTG

With Show champs and different mod drag champs at the end of the year

Then the forum could either vote or we could have final National at the mopar Nats to determine national champ:rock: in each class.

The one thing is at Panama like Jack says its 1/8 mile, where some will have 1/4 mile, but maybe if the set up is good, it should work for both.

How cool would it be to have outnumbered, Srt-Iz, Dominick, and ntwrk all in a final for show at the Nats

And a special class jsut for us in the 1/4 mile, Nowwhat , Boomer, Justin, RiceEater in a finally for fastest SRT:rock:

Just something to think about guys:elefant:

Exactly!:rock:
nycstev said:
I am also pretty much done for any major GTG for 07. Just some locals.

:dito: ....earliest for me would be the fall of 08.... a lot depending on all our bs goes.
I would just fly out and watch the West Coast fellas run... I would love it.

It's all great idea, and we will get there.

Craig said:
Panama City sounds nice but a lil far imo.... if your making an East Coast Event I'd think we'd be better served doing something centrally located!!

Ok ..............one more time fellas:D

Souteast GTG

Northeast GTG

midcentral GTG

westcoast GTG

and any others people would like to form:p

Bite me Tony!!! :p:elefant:
Stinker said:
Ok ..............one more time fellas:D

Souteast GTG

Northeast GTG

midcentral GTG

westcoast GTG

and any others people would like to form:p

condos beside me do rent them, mine is a 3 bedroom, id not want it spring break. you cant move down there. period will get some march and april prices. ill check schedules and see when spring break is here. then the two weeks before and after are from other states. always been that way here every year. the earlier we can plan this the better. for the southeast i thought the beach would be a cool place to hang out and enjoy each others company give me a few days and i can come up with some definate money for these things then we can do a pole and let the majority rule if thats ok. pc has some awesome seafood too.

I know its 1/8th mile and hard to compare to other national events that race at 1/4 miles but no big deal. I think Jacksonville has a 1/4 track and is by the beach.....don't know if that is farther away for the guys coming from the north though??

NBT said:
Exactly!:rock:

:dito: ....earliest for me would be the fall of 08.... a lot depending on all our bs goes.
I would just fly out and watch the West Coast fellas run... I would love it.

It's all great idea, and we will get there.
Yeah, I would like to fly to the west coast and ctiticize all the trucks racing!:D

Ok fellas

here it is .......

SOUTHEAST NATIONAL GTG PANAMA CITY FLORIDA
COORDINATORS
RICE EATER, EDDIE102870
soon we may find out a date, schedule, rooms , rate of renting the closest track.

LAS VEGAS NEVADA WEST COAST NATIONAL GTG
COORDINATORS
????????????
jsut remember the track rental will be around $5000 or more;)
Jack knows a guy in phoenix arizona;)

NORTH CENTRAL NATIONAL GTG MIGHIGAN
COORDINATORS
NOT A HEMI
info soon to come

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back