eBay Experiences?

Danko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has had good luck selling on eBay? I have zero experience with them. Is it easy? I do not photograph so do I get "file photos" with an eBay ad? I am down to $24,600 for my '04 RC with 11,500 miles on it (I owe over $26K still) and forums only seem to draw screwball comments and no buyers, so who has had what luck elsewhere, please? AutoTrader was a waste of time and money.

Honestly Danko...

1) Get a digital camera or find someone that has one. They are only about a $100 for a cheapy and your threads will be taken a lot more seriously.

2) You come across very abrasive, please tone it down, you are trying to sell something. If a potential customer asks for something reasonable, and pics are. Do the best you can to fullfill the request in a timely fashion.

Wil

Danko, what do you have against taking pictures? If you need help with downloading them its OK. Alot of people here including myself are not computer people and have others help them through it. After your taught to do it you will find yourself posting pics all the time. Don't be ashamed. go ahead and branch out and learn from what this forum is trying to teach you.
Good luck!

Danko, get a damm camera take some pics, post them up on whatever you are trying to sell on..... common now.. if you were actualy someone who was going to purchace something on the internet or be interested enought to go look at it... wouldnt you like a pic to see if the seller is actualy selling a 04 black rc srt10.. maybe its a 04 hemi with a srt10 hood.. so people want to see this type of thing i think you would as well.. so quit being a dickhead and just give in and take some pics...ohhh and it wouldnt hirt to lose the dick head attitude as well....

if the price is right and the given information correct you'll sell it.
But it takes time. It's not pocket money we're talking about so people want to be informed, ask questions, compare, try to lower the price, ..... it's part of the deal...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Danko, get a damm camera take some pics, post them up on whatever you are trying to sell on..... common now.. if you were actualy someone who was going to purchace something on the internet or be interested enought to go look at it... wouldnt you like a pic to see if the seller is actualy selling a 04 black rc srt10.. maybe its a 04 hemi with a srt10 hood.. so people want to see this type of thing i think you would as well.. so quit being a dickhead and just give in and take some pics...ohhh and it wouldnt hirt to lose the dick head attitude as well....

LMAO!! :elefant: :D :rock: It simple,buyers want to SEE what they are purchasing! Does anyone here buy stuff for thousands of dollars without ever seeing the product first?? NOT LIKELY!

WOW, here you are asking for OUR help because your truck hasnt sold. I bought a digital camera, took several pictures, posted them in my EBAY ad and after the second attempt sold the truck to a guy in New Zealand.

You're such an idiot! You hate this forum yet you now ask for our help so you can sell your truck. Better yet, you cant take a simple frickin' picture!!

Worst of luck selling your truck! There is now a supercharged reg cab for sale at the same price as yours. Time to lower the price again.

I've been buying and selling on eBay for years. Never once have I purchased something (even for $2.95) without seeing a photo first. Likewise with selling. Pictures are the key here. There's no reason why you should sell it for less than you owe. But take into account that people don't just have the cash on hand to spend on something that will cost them more to maintain (with fuel prices the way they are). Pictures, patience and positive attitude. Those will make you successful with eBay without a doubt. Good luck dude.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
WOW, here you are asking for OUR help because your truck hasnt sold. I bought a digital camera, took several pictures, posted them in my EBAY ad and after the second attempt sold the truck to a guy in New Zealand.

You're such an idiot! You hate this forum yet you now ask for our help so you can sell your truck. Better yet, you cant take a simple frickin' picture!!

Worst of luck selling your truck! There is now a supercharged reg cab for sale at the same price as yours. Time to lower the price again.

Ditto!!!! Cant post at the nfff anymore so you come back here?:toilet:

I said it before but you now consider it a "screwball comment". Word of mouth will help.............but you wont get much of that from this forum.

Last time I said "good luck selling your truck", you blasted me and others for that too.................so like Dave said "worst of luck selling your truck"!:p

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Ditto!!!! Cant post at the nfff anymore so you come back here?:toilet:

I said it before but you now consider it a "screwball comment". Word of mouth will help.............but you wont get much of that from this forum.

Last time I said "good luck selling your truck", you blasted me and others for that too.................so like Dave said "worst of luck selling your truck"!:p

patrick

Also, dont forget to ad that your an A$$ with an attitude in your EBAY ad, the potential buyer should be aware of it when dealing with you.

Danko,

Help is only as valuable as your willingness to accept the suggestions that people provide. If that means putting on a Jim Carry smile and becoming a shutter bug until the truck is sold, then you've accomplished your goal.

VJ

did some one say pictures?
did some one say dickhead?
dam what's up with the that crap?

relax people, if he want's to be a dickhead with no pictures then let it be....this means he will not sell the truck? i would not buy it? would you?

damn i want another truck. what color is it.reg cab. any mods? got any pics? wheres it at?will you take 18.500 cash for it?

WOW!! now he comes here and acts like a ass too??

figure this will be just like last time we bumped heads, he got banned :confused: :confused:

just remember if u treat people with respect u will be respected :rock: :rock:

if u act like a ass u will be treated like one :dontknow: :dontknow:

balls in your court :elefant: :elefant: do with it as u please :D :D

I appreciate the picture advice and expected it. Telling an old man he is a dickhead because he is not a photographer is a sad commentary on those saying that. I expected the illiterates with the foul comments and understand the shortcomings of the public school systems. Birds of afeather..... fowl comments/foul comments? Thank you for those giving the eBay advice. My wife has a digital somewhere, I believe, but she is busy. Maybe we will get to it. Meanwhile we each have some nice trucks to drive and enjoy. When wading through the trash that frequent forums, a lot of good advice can be had, even at a forum I can no longer comment at. Many of you have provided some great scoop about these trucks and that is useful info. Thnx again!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back