Eddie Griffin wrecks rare $1.5 million Ferrari

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth $1.5 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a racetrack Monday, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The comedian was practicing for a charity race to promote his upcoming film, "Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway. Video footage showed the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one of his past films, said after the accident.

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

"He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks said.

The Enzo, valued at around $1.5 million, was owned by the executive producer of "Redline," Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the movie.

Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed feelings" about the wreck.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought, there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world."

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever produced, all between 2002 and 2004.

Griffin's credits include the comedies "Undercover Brother"; "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" and its sequel; "Date Movie"; and "Norbit."

Damaged Beyond repair? I thought that most of those cars were built so that the body panels and even some of the undercarriage could be replaced fairly easily?

Still hard to believe that you can total a car like that and walk away unscathed!

ntw0rk said:
Damaged Beyond repair? I thought that most of those cars were built so that the body panels and even some of the undercarriage could be replaced fairly easily?!
Exactly.
The guy should just check Ebay.

Who, the driver or the owner for letting a dumbass drive his 1.5 mil investment? Almost have to point 2 fingers here! JACKASSES!!

the under cover brother, and the dark skinned brother from Duece Bigalow!! And He's in all of the Man Law commercials from Miller Lite.... short on taste and high on calories!

I need to get back into the biz.........

If morons like that can do well........Anyone can........

D

If that car is totalled, I'll buy it from the Insurance company!

Let's see... Mid-mounted engine. That means that the entire Power-train is behind the driver. That makes most of the damage cosmetic, with a little front suspension work! Simple!!!

yeah, I saw the vid and pics... didn't look anywhere NEAR totalled to me.... 1.5 mil probably isn't a lotta cash to the guy that bought it.... they also totalled 2 Porsche GT's in the filming of that movie... those are 500K each...

If you watch the vid... Eddie flat out can't drive...Not much too say when somethin like that happens... Regardless of his jokes and whatnot... I'm sure he feels bad... not to mention embarrassed...

He is a fricken actor not a race car driver!!!!! Didnt anybody learn anything after Jason Priestly crashed hard?

Dumbass producer shouldnt have let him drive it!!!! Jokes about it too......what a dipshit!

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back