edmonton area trucks

I'll be out for sure with my little Hemi Ram, say Hi if you see me (name's Mike)
Norbert (Hucksrt10) is probably due for another run now that his rear diff is back together.

I went to a dealer meet last night at Castrol to test out my new Edge 3000 Stall Torque Converter
but we got rained out after 5 quick back to back passes.

Still killed me a couple Chebbie's and a Furd though, :rock:

There was no track prep (VHT Traction promoter) so not ideal conditions
We were also running into a 20km head wind so my Q/M times are down and I had to use AWD for traction.
I made one pass in 2wd and spun for an 1/8th mile LOL!
it was a bit scarey cuz I thought I roasted my tranny when I pegged the tach and there was a long cloud of blue smoke in my rear view mirror.

The fun part was seeing new low 60' times at 1.912 and 1.922 when launched in AWD,
(my best 60' times before the Edge TC in 2WD were around 2.1-2.2.)
Smoked not one but TWO magnacharged 5.3L Chebbie RCSB 2WD's
...also took down a 2012 5.0L Mustang mostly because I had a better reaction time and better launch traction in AWD.

I'm car #1, (Right Lane winner all night long LOL!)
#2 was the Magnacharged, LT Headers, RCSB Chevy on 22's
(beat him twice for good measure)
Car#14 was Magnacharged RCSB 2WD Pre-runner Chevy lifted on 35's
Car# 9 was the 2012 5.0L Mustang

030.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

401-2.jpg

the victims:

Maggy Chebbie 5.3L with ceramic coated headers,
sweet set of Foose 22's...but slowwwwww

028.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Pre-Runner Chevy 5.3L Magnacharged lifted 2WD on 35's

029.jpg

2012 Mustang 5.0L, bone stock

025.jpg

027.jpg

There were several Vettes and a few new Supercharged Camaro's and Challys
an SRT8 300C, but most of them just arrived when we got rained out.

Plans are underway to re-schedule a rematch, hopefully later in the Fall and I'll have my headers and CMR tune by then.
With any luck we'll have better weather conditions, and no Head wind slowing us down.

DA wasnt too bad at 2900+, the wind was the real ET killer
Aug17DA.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, i will keep an eye out for ya,it will be my first time with 10:burnout:

Castrol is an Awesome facilty ,
a lot of Calgary racers make the trip up here now since Race City started going down the sh!tter for the last couple years.

We're also almost a 1000' lower in altitude, better DA especially in the late Fall early Spring.

I haven't seen Rad since last Fall, re-building his School Bus after I nearly schooled his QC last season LOL!

Here's an old post with some pics of some locals...
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f11/guy-here-48223/

Well Gentleman, Fall approaches! The weekend of Sept 30,Oct 1,2 is the weekend of only street legals! we can get alot of runs in instead of only 3 ! I trust i will see you all there ! Friendly little GRUDGE match for braggin' rights!:aetsch: see you there!!!:rock::rock::rock: Maybe pull the camper there and camp if the weather is ok!

Well Gentleman, Fall approaches! The weekend of Sept 30,Oct 1,2 is the weekend of only street legals! we can get alot of runs in instead of only 3 ! I trust i will see you all there ! Friendly little GRUDGE match for braggin' rights!:aetsch: see you there!!!:rock::rock::rock: Maybe pull the camper there and camp if the weather is ok!

Pulling it down with the 10?

Yea. If the weather is decent !! You could park beside me!

So is it just street cars for 3 straight days. The same as the friday's but just 2 days longer?
Or is there something special going on at Castrol. I'll be home by then and weather permitting i would check it out.

I believe the bracket racing is complete ! So the street legals will run Friday night and then all day Saturday and till 5:00 on Sunday . The weekend is scheduled on there website!

Crap!!! I will not make it to race on Saturday ! I made a purchase and have to roadtrip with the 10 to Spokane to pickup new ride! Should make it for Sunday to make a few passes!

2008 jeep grand Cherokee limited. NO not the SRT 8 ! I wanted one but momma wanted no part of that! Lol. Alittle better price than local but 17,000 miles is LOW!! Couple 3 years of free mileage !! Couldn't pass it up!

Just Three Weeks to Go! :rock:

First Street Legals of the year kick of Friday Night April 27th at Castrol

You guy's all tuned up and ready to roll?
I installed Headers last Saturday, snowed the next morning :(
Dyno Tuning scheduled for the 14th, still looking for 4.56's and a Locker.

Just Three Weeks to Go! :rock:

First Street Legals of the year kick of Friday Night April 27th at Castrol

You guy's all tuned up and ready to roll?
I installed Headers last Saturday, snowed the next morning :(
Dyno Tuning scheduled for the 14th, still looking for 4.56's and a Locker.

maybe we will see you there, did you get the american racing headers,so where are you getting it tuned at

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back