Electric Exhaust Cutouts

oldguysrt10 said:
Anyone using these?

http://www.droptail.com/eexhaust.htm

If so, recommend for or against and why?

Just looking for the next mod. Will keep my truck street legal but would prefer to occasionally have louder exhaust.

Thanks,
oldguy
in 2 weeks we will be offering our mid pipes with electric cutouts in them. it will be a complete bolt on kit, super easy to install. i will post some pics in the next few days of the system

BOOMER said:
in 2 weeks we will be offering our mid pipes with electric cutouts in them. it will be a complete bolt on kit, super easy to install. i will post some pics in the next few days of the system

Boomer, I already have Belanger mids. You selling and electric cutout that will fit them?

Sorta a tangent but a friend of mine has an '06 QC and needs mids w/high-flow cats that will bolt up to the stock manifolds. Sell those.

And last, I have an e-mail to your website questioning e-fan availability.

Thanks for the help.

oldguy

when u do the cut out does that not cause you to lose to much backpressure??? and then lose hp and then its also hard on the engine?? or how does that work??

I'm not sure if backpressure is going to have a 4 strokes engine more HP. I know backpressure is fundamental on 2 strokes engines. It could be a pipe length tuning an resonance/turbulence issue.

Sorry for my English, I'm trying to say a 4 strokes engine should just let exit the gas as fast as possible.

I thought that someone on here had done it and said it did add a little power.

cutouts are AWESOME for the track. (except for famosa - apparently they don't allow open exhaust)

I haven't used them on my srt-10 for noise reasons, but on my isuzu I had one that opened up at 4000 rpm (about the same time my turbo hit full boost) and wow it was an awesome feeling!

BOOMER said:

I like to now more of that, THANKS

I had cut outs on my hemi and loved them, that plus the sound of the cam made the truck sound OLD SCHOOL. I don't know what they would sound like on a v-10 though...

BigRed460 said:
I had cut outs on my hemi and loved them, that plus the sound of the cam made the truck sound OLD SCHOOL. I don't know what they would sound like on a v-10 though...
If I can get some info. back indicating no leaks and no power loss I expect I may have them next trip to HRP. A concern I have is potential turbulence and a corresponding loss in efficiency when they're closed due to the y-pipe tangent.

oldguy

I use the cut outs on my truck. I had a increase in hp but im also boosted. the sound is sweet doesent sound like a viper at all almost sounds like a big V8, untill you stomp it, then its a whole nother story. there is no y pipe in my set up, im going right after the cats. I know it sounds like a bad spot but the high flow cats do a great job of flow and the sound isint too loud. Dont get me wrong when they are open you know it but I drive past cops all the time with them open, all they do is give me the thumbs up. with the dumps open i made a extra 1LB of boost compared to when they are closed and the hp and TQ increases where all over the powerband not just peak.

oldguysrt10 said:
Boomer, I already have Belanger mids. You selling and electric cutout that will fit them?

Sorta a tangent but a friend of mine has an '06 QC and needs mids w/high-flow cats that will bolt up to the stock manifolds. Sell those.

And last, I have an e-mail to your website questioning e-fan availability.

Thanks for the help.

oldguy
yes, in fact. i have fans in stock and ready to go, just give me a call.
812-477-1740
812-453-4862

the cut outs a sweet i had the om my hemi they do give you a few horse power when i had mine it dyno at 5rwhp and the torque was the all over the hole power band on the V10 i would like to see what they do i am in cali and i had tickets for the cut outs they have random inpc over here

Last edited:
oldguysrt10 said:
If I can get some info. back indicating no leaks and no power loss I expect I may have them next trip to HRP. A concern I have is potential turbulence and a corresponding loss in efficiency when they're closed due to the y-pipe tangent.

oldguy

I ran my truck at famoso with the cutouts closed and open and they did not make a difference. I ran my 13.3 @ 106 both times. Do they sound cool...Hell yes, wish i had gotten the electric ones..I think they even made silverback smile at the famoso GTG last summer..

oldguysrt10 said:
Anyone using these?

http://www.droptail.com/eexhaust.htm

If so, recommend for or against and why?

Just looking for the next mod. Will keep my truck street legal but would prefer to occasionally have louder exhaust.

Thanks,
oldguy
I know Jim (Droptail) personally and he is a standup gearhead. I've seen and heard his truck with this remote wireless cutout system. The main feature of his cutouts is the ease of changing from a mild to wild sound by ways of a wireless remote. I have the like system on my C6 Z06 and love it:burnout: http://www.nakidparts.com/id25.html

oldguysrt10 said:

oldguy
As far as leaks, I bought the expensive ones from jegs. There were not the "ButterFly" valve they were a gate valve, never leaked, and alot of fun at a red light...

BigRed460 said:
As far as leaks, I bought the expensive ones from jegs. There were not the "ButterFly" valve they were a gate valve, never leaked, and alot of fun at a red light...

Do you have info ot thise

THANKS

I ordered the jegs electric cutouts tonight thinking I would place them in front of the cats.

Now I'm wondering if there is enough room from the manifold to the 1st cats and also would enough exhaust still pass by the cat sensor to keep it happy.
They are the gate opening type so they will not cut off flow to the cats but would enough still go by to keep the cel light off?

BOOMER said:

We had the chance to check them out at the Nat's on Doneo's truck... awesome Boomer:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back