Electric fan + even rake= awsome ride.

DevilDawg3097

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed and electric fan this winter and stinkers 1.5" lowering blocks and what a differance an even stance makes in a ride and the helpers bags make it better:D But after removing the Hyd fan talk about a new truck. The handling is so much more responsive( only thing I can compare to is a 928 porsche) wow and no more dead spots when turning when the fans is on. As far as noise I have the ROE so I can't tell when it kicks on except when temp drop. But IMO it is definety a very worth while upgrade. Plus when the hyd fan goes out expect to shell out at least 1300 bones. If an electric fan burns out you can get replacement fans (at least with the flexlight dual I have). Steering is improved 100%. You road course guys would really benefit. Ill post pics when I find the charger for my camera.

Where did you get the fans and how much did the setup run you? Also did you tie it in to the computer or use a switch or ?

EXCESSV said:
Where did you get the fans and how much did the setup run you? Also did you tie it in to the computer or use a switch or ?

I used a flex-a-lite 295 and it came with all the temp controls. Took out the whole fan and shroud. took out the fan and used the shroud. Laid the fan vertical(since it is a dual) cut off part of the shroud to allow a straight fit instead of circular. It takes a while to get it to sit perfect before you hard mount it. But what a difference. You can get to the belt, to check the bolt on the pulley. Whether it is JMB or you rig your own you wont be disappointed. The cost is alittle bit cheaper but not much. SO if you like tinkering it is an easy project (of course having stingray around to wire it up aint bad either:p )

Santeen I will get pics for you later.http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/27inch-electric.html this is the fan I used.

Glad you like the results.

I have Justins fan set up on the red truck.

The stock fan is certainly pricey.

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

You wanted pics:confused: :aetsch:

Tork_MoNsTeR said:
Damn that turned out nice..... Nice job man

Why thank you, it i just amazing at the difference in steering and response by getting rid of the hyd fan. I still can't figure out why they used a hyd fan. But then again the electrics where not that good in 04. I can see the 06's though. I dont know I guess thats why I am not an engineer.:itsme:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Why thank you, it i just amazing at the difference in steering and response by getting rid of the hyd fan. I still can't figure out why they used a hyd fan. But then again the electrics where not that good in 04. I can see the 06's though. I dont know I guess thats why I am not an engineer.:itsme:

i've been wonderin bout that since just goin with Stinker's p/s lines makes a hell of a difference:rock:

any weight difference between the hyd. & electric set up????

Last edited:
Thanx Devildawg just ordered the same one. Have to prepare my truck for the summer!!!

Maybe 10-15lbs.

ZCx said:
i've been wonderin bout that since just goin with Stinker's p/s lines makes a hell of a difference:rock:

any weight difference between the hyd. & electric set up????

Damn you guys are making me spend too much money I will be banned in no time from this sight! It's hard to hide in the closet and type:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back