Electric Fan

68charger

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about purchasing one of the electric fan kits out there, and I wanted to know what people think about theirs. how they work? any issues?

Tyler has one on his truck Randy and says it works great and keeps temps way down, I have one too just haven't gotten it put on yet, Justin has a killer set up, that's what Tyler and I have.

Tyler has one on his truck Randy and says it works great and keeps temps way down, I have one too just haven't gotten it put on yet, Justin has a killer set up, that's what Tyler and I have.

that's the way I was leaning but I just wanted to hear a few opinions before I put out a 1k. Or I could just get my tune adjusted to have the factory fan come on sooner. on the rare occasion I make it to the track an electric fan could be used to help with cool down between runs.

I also have JMB fan set. I have heard good things about JTSVP also though. I chose Jmb because he uses a OEM dodge viper fan assembly and if dodge thinks its enough for our motors than I know I have nothing to worry about. Fairly easily installation and man does it look awesome plus gets read of those stupid hyd. fan lines less to leak.

I'm gonna get the JTSVP one when I get the change.

I just want to clean up the engine bay. Looks so cluttered.

I plan on going electric at some point too . Good to hear the positive results!

Getting rid of the hyds. and cleaning up the engine bay are definite pluses. JMB is set up for a manual over ride which would be a nice feature, not sure is JTSVP has it or not. either kit would probably be fine.

Last edited:
Getting rid of the hyds. and cleaning up the engine bay are definite pluses. JMB is set up for a manual over ride which would be a nice feature, not sure is JTSVP has it or not. either kit would probably be fine.

What would be the reason for over ride controls over the fan?

Id just want the fan to turn on at 200 and off at 170... or something like that. Why control it?

What would be the reason for over ride controls over the fan?

Id just want the fan to turn on at 200 and off at 170... or something like that. Why control it?

You control it more on FI set ups because they produce a lot more heat with blower or turbo on them, and for cool downs between runs at the track and for normal cool downs before shutting them off also.

JMB's fan is the way too go, he uses a high quality OEM Mopar fan that is stout. It will last much longer than the typical aftermarket fan that others use.

I was so happy with my setup that I bought a second fan from Justin to use on one of my other cars.

i have a jmb fan, for the first year it was great, after that i been blowing out relays like nothing. checked all the wires and terminals and everything is clean, my guess is the motor is probably going out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back