electronic help !

I gave up...bought the short range fm transmitter model and am happy with it...

My XM goes through the FM modulter, but it is hardwired. It sounds just as good as regular radio. I can unplug the wire from the output of the XM and plug it into my MP3 player. Works really well. The only problem is my XM is on the overhead so the MP3 player hangs down.

MOPAR offers an IPod kit which allows you to use the steeringwheel controls for limited functions on the IPod.

ViperTruck2933 said:
I got a cheap ass fm transmitter and it sounds like do-do.:eek:

Do the higher end models sound okay? :dontknow:

Mine cost about $100 and it seems to be as good as the OEM radio...which leaves lots to be desired IMO.

Roy

Yup I did the same thing. Bought a high end fm transmitter and it sounds really good. BTW if you have your transmitter on the same station as a current radio station it will distort the sound a little.:D

Here's the deal with FM transmitters, they are all bad and they will only be getting worse. FCC is cracking down on production and has changed the laws which basicly equates to an even lower level of transmitting power which=worse sound. Many manufactures are scrambling to change current production units to meet the new lower standards or they face massive fines and products they will be unable to sell. Again us protecting ourselves from ourselves :dontknow:
The H/K Drive and Play works well, has a hard-wired FM solution so the sound is better as there is no signal loss via transmition, allows for full browsing of the IPod and charges the IPod. In addition it had an extra Aux input for things like XM.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back