Electronics Experts

Thats what I'm saying. What bout tag the reverse light, then have a switch to change between left and right camera? :dontknow:

If you read everything you would see that I already said their are three camera: one back, on left front and one right front. Back camera is triggered by the reverse light, left camera needs to come on with left blinker and right camera with right blinker allowing you to see that side of trialer when turning.

I already have a button on the monitor that I can cycle through the three cameras so adding another switch to do the same thing makes no sence. I just wanted to automate the process so you have onee less thing to worry about.

3 cameras? I thought it was 2. You have troubles driving with a trailer or something? How big is this thing?

i will repeat this because it has been said.
run it offthe backup lights.
the 7 way should have backup lights run into it now. just take it off the 7-way plug and wala. you have a 12v source whenever your in reverse.

i will repeat this because it has been said.
run it offthe backup lights.
the 7 way should have backup lights run into it now. just take it off the 7-way plug and wala. you have a 12v source whenever your in reverse.

Read the posts Scoob. :aetsch:

If you read everything you would see that I already said their are three camera: one back, on left front and one right front. Back camera is triggered by the reverse light, left camera needs to come on with left blinker and right camera with right blinker allowing you to see that side of trialer when turning.

I already have a button on the monitor that I can cycle through the three cameras so adding another switch to do the same thing makes no sence. I just wanted to automate the process so you have onee less thing to worry about.

your lookin for a set up like the Caddy's had.

ya turn your turn signal on & it would trip a relay or whatever & turn on the side light so ya could see what ya were runnin over/hit:D:D:rock::rock:

It is a 38' Jayco Fifth wheel. Originally I was going to just do a back camera but it wasn't that much more for the 3 cameras. Side cameras are mounted all the way at the front of the trailer so they look down the entire side of the trailer, really handy to see the blind side of the trailer when you are backing into thoose tight camping spots, even more useful at night when you can't see anything.

ZCx you are on the right track I think, that is where I got the idea to use a capacitor to power the relay, like this:

Cornering Lights

nice set up:rock::rock::rock:

It is a 38' Jayco Fifth wheel. Originally I was going to just do a back camera but it wasn't that much more for the 3 cameras. Side cameras are mounted all the way at the front of the trailer so they look down the entire side of the trailer, really handy to see the blind side of the trailer when you are backing into thoose tight camping spots, even more useful at night when you can't see anything.

ZCx you are on the right track I think, that is where I got the idea to use a capacitor to power the relay, like this:

Cornering Lights

people who can drive a big truck well, can blind side back. can i suggest a pop up camper :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back