engaging gears

lukedovichak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its getting harder and harder, any tips or tricks to make it easier?? what am i wearing out??? today it popped out of first gear while crusing to a light....

lukedovichak said:
its getting harder and harder, any tips or tricks to make it easier?? what am i wearing out??? today it popped out of first gear while crusing to a light....

start by flushing the old clutch fluid out an puttin in new:)

Then take the shifter loose, go through the gears with it loose to make sure it is centered. For some reason I seem to move the base of the shifter? Good Luck man

k ill try that tongiht, its getting a wheel alignment and some tint, ill let you know how everything pans out. thx guys

You might end up having to use the Viper car hydraulics ?

Also wouldn't hurt to flush trans out and use Mobil 1 ATF in it.

What Mark says and the flushing of the fluid would be a good start, then as Hot Ram mentions , the upgrade might jsut be needed.:rock:

I would leave the flywheel Luke. I think the consensus around here is the stock flywheel is more heavy duty and suits our trucks better. But, of course, like any topic there will be those on the other side of the fence although I feel the stock flywheel camp has no vacancies. What shifter are you running? Stock? B&M? X-Metal?

lukedovichak said:
is this the one??

http://jmbperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=66_113_106&products_id=257

any what about A Fidanza aluminum flywheel that will also available to free up reciprocating weight?? worth it?

do i need different hydraluics also???

Luke, do yourself a big favor first, one thing I learned racing is only do a change or two at a time, first adjust your shifter and change the fluid, see if it helps, and complettly flush the fluid,
then if they dont help proceed, that way you havent spent tons of money and not find the problem;)

Yeah a smartt ol racer taught me if you make ten changes and go back out and it doesnt work..............what didnt work:D

haha ok:) great advice. i will be patient and try the little stuff first. I have a B&M

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back