Engine Bay WTF??

$100000 after having the twin Turbo installation at Hennessy ! Upgrade cost was $46000 . Please web search ram srt Hennessy :D:D

It says no reserve if someone wanted a project truck ??!!?? (and I mean project !!! )

A good cheap car sales man can still sell it above market value in that condition. Specially with all the fancy badging on the exterior! ;)

Looks like the air filters were never cleaned! Wonder what the inside of the engine looks like?

They could afford new tires, but couldn't afford to have the engine detailed. Who knows how many inches the motor would go before it gave up on you? If the engines look like that, it makes you wonder when was the last time they changed the fluids.

One of the employees (it's being sold by International Motorsports in Tampa), sent me this video about an hour ago.

Looks like they got her cleaned up a bit. He said they'd probably let it go for $22k. :D

Question though as I'm curious and believe it or not my wife is in my ear about this one (she has been wanting another since ours.. died). Assuming it had the TT kit installed early in its life and has at least been decently taken care of (lots of assumptions here), how much life is left at 87k? According to what I can find the TT 800 setup runs 10psi on stock internals and other research I've done seems to indicate 700hp is the "safe" threshold on stock internals.

The price is stupid low for what all is included however I know enough to get myself in trouble but not back out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGgatKkXHOU

Last edited:
One of the employees (it's being sold by International Motorsports in Tampa), sent me this video about an hour ago.

Looks like they got her cleaned up a bit. He said they'd probably let it go for $22k. :D

Question though as I'm curious and believe it or not my wife is in my ear about this one (she has been wanting another since ours.. died). Assuming it had the TT kit installed early in its life and has at least been decently taken care of (lots of assumptions here), how much life is left at 87k? According to what I can find the TT 800 setup runs 10psi on stock internals and other research I've done seems to indicate 700hp is the "safe" threshold on stock internals.

The price is stupid low for what all is included however I know enough to get myself in trouble but not back out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGgatKkXHOU

The problem with this is 'H' was famous for saying he replaced engine stuff and never really did. I wouldn't trust anything that he did, as there is a better chance of it not being done right then it being done right.

If there is a documentation on when the build was done, with exact mileage, you at least know that this setup lasted a decent time and mileage.

Nevertheless, a twin Turbo setup done by the famous "H" might still hide some Problems that even the seller is not Aware of (yet)...

Price is ok but it is better to see the real look of the engine bay before a detailing Company went over it, so you really know how it has been treated....

i feel better about my east coast salt corrosion now……………

still, have to wash it before showing you guys anything……...

If there is a documentation on when the build was done, with exact mileage, you at least know that this setup lasted a decent time and mileage.

Nevertheless, a twin Turbo setup done by the famous "H" might still hide some Problems that even the seller is not Aware of (yet)...

Price is ok but it is better to see the real look of the engine bay before a detailing Company went over it, so you really know how it has been treated....

I actually tossed an e-mail over to Hennessey to see if they had any information, but they never got back to me. Just looking at the CarFax, the truck was in Houston early in it's life, so I'm assuming the build was put on somewhere before 20K miles. But there was no actual documentation to go with it.

My wife threw a couple bids at it once I went to sleep, nothing too exciting but whoever bought it got it for $20,600. I hope whoever it is comes around here, I just need my curiosity satisfied.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back