engine build part2!!!!!!!!!!!!

flchub

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well 18000 miles and one year later my oil pump busted causing my cam to freeze up .i was fortunate to only have the engine at 1200 rpms when it siezed up.

engine was torn down today to findout what all was damaged,fortunately the block is ok pistons and rods still look brand new,heads are fine.

crank needs to be polished,new main and rod bearings,new cam and oil pump

i first took my truck over to dodge since the paxton was off,there was a regional rep there who immediately voided my warranty because of the cats being removed and the new fuel system. i plan on persuing legal action in hopes of atleast getting some of the parts covered under warranty(oil pump is $1100) dunno if i'll win but any pointers on how to handle dodge reps would be appreciated.

i guess it could have been 10 times worse,i'm not mad,not even bothered by it,it will be fixed and hopefully it will hold up a tad better this time,stuck driving the ranger for now,yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

TREKER said:
Sorry Clint. You have not had much luck with your engine.
no worries,it is just another obstacle in life ,aslong as i'm healthy and not in jail i'm happy

Hell of a hobby you got there Clint

Things are gonna happen to all eventually if you plan any heavy modding

best thing is bud............you know what you have to do, no crying, jsut fix it:rock:

flchub said:
no worries,it is just another obstacle in life ,aslong as i'm healthy and not in jail i'm happy

Dude you have the freaking funniest sig iv'e seen in ALONG TIME!!:D

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes also....Did you build your motor yourself?

I certainly don't see how removing the cats and a new fuel system, or any mod for that matter would cause an oil pump to fail. I would assume that the pump wouldn't know the difference and work normally. Good luck in your pursuit.

only thing you need to do is make sure the rep knows your not playing around and that you attorney will be in contact with them... they have to Prove that the cats and new fuel system are the reason your oil pump failed

Tooloe said:
only thing you need to do is make sure the rep knows your not playing around and that you attorney will be in contact with them... they have to Prove that the cats and new fuel system are the reason your oil pump failed

DITTO !

If the rep was an ass about it like that, there's no handling him. Why was he under your truck in the first place? Did the dealer call him there because you were coming? I can see voiding the warranty because of the fuel, but the cats, thats kinda a iffy situation.

He would shit on me for saying that my tranny was/is a POS.... LOL wish him the best of luck brother i truly hope everything works to your favor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
Clint you have an oil pump waiting with your name on it if you want. Just let me know.
brad, jsut got off the phone with clint, he will get in contact withya, but hes been up all night and going to sleep

SrtBrad said:
Clint you have an oil pump waiting with your name on it if you want. Just let me know.
just wanted to thank brad,he has saved me quite abit of money,irony is that this is my oil pump from the engine i sold him last year

thank you Brad

flchub said:
like to thank jts venom for donating a turbo camshaft,thanks tony

Sorry, I called him and offered him more money, its not yours anymore :D

just kidding. :aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back