Engine is at Arrow

tinygiants

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My engine made it to Arrow for the tear down and machine work yesterday (12/20/07). Arrow will be taking a half day today and next week off for the holidays. So I will not see any progress until after the 1st of the year.

It took a week to get the engine out, A week to get a shipper (I could afford) to take it, and a week to get there.

Sounds just like I was told to expect. :) It will be worth it in the end.

I am not sure.

I know we are upgrading the studs, the mains, the rods, pistons, and head work. As for specifics, Joe @ PBJ and I are waiting to see what the tear down reveals. Then the formal plan for power parts will be decided on.

tinygiants said:
I am not sure.

I know we are upgrading the studs, the mains, the rods, pistons, and head work. As for specifics, Joe @ PBJ and I are waiting to see what the tear down reveals. Then the formal plan for power parts will be decided on.

All you had to say is......... Joe @ PBJ is involved!!!:) :burnout::D :elefant:

patrick

Be sure to upgrade that tranny, with the Arrow build and a smaller pulley on the Roe TMTS you will need it!!:rock: :rock:

Marc T said:
Be sure to upgrade that tranny, with the Arrow build and a smaller pulley on the Roe TMTS you will need it!!:rock: :rock:
Already done.

tinygiants said:
It took a week to get the engine out, A week to get a shipper (I could afford) to take it, and a week to get there.

Just as long as I get my crate back when it's done.;)

Keep us informed, Dale!

Ram From Hell said:
Just as long as I get my crate back when it's done.;)

Keep us informed, Dale!
Of Course!

I will keep posting the whats and whys here.

Any word on your fuel system parts from Boomer?

tinygiants said:
Of Course!

I will keep posting the whats and whys here.

Any word on your fuel system parts from Boomer?

Well, since you're whoring your own thread...:D

All Gary has yet to deliver are my valve covers (for the THIRD time), and my big-ass water/ice reservoir and pump for the intercooler.

I ended up taking on the fuel delivery system (although Gary did sell me the injectors). I bought a Magnafuel 625 constant duty pump, Magnafuel boost-referenced pressure regulator & return, lines, filters, and a separate fuel cell to draw from (acts as a sump reservoir, fed from the man tank's factory pump). Perhaps a bit excessive, but I'll never have to modify that part of the truck again. Ever.;)

That is good to hear. I am looking forward to hearing from them. So far nothing yet.

505'sFastestViper. said:
how long have they had it there turnaround is usually a few weeks
They got the engine before Christmas, but they took the week between off. So they have only had it for a few working days :) As of this moment, they are only contracted to tear it down and do the machine work for the mains and studs. PBJ is specing all of the build. I am not sure at this point weather he will advise me to have Arrow assemble it, or have it sent to him for assembly. We will see after it is tore down, and the problem identified. At that point PBJ and I will make the final plans on how to make more safe power.

you will have a solid motor fo sho joe is a cool guy...............seriously a pretty dam funny guy he will keep u rollin......are you gonna keep the roots blower

505'sFastestViper. said:
you will have a solid motor fo sho joe is a cool guy...............seriously a pretty dam funny guy he will keep u rollin......are you gonna keep the roots blower

Yes, my budget can not afford a different power adder. Besides, I am betting that my little Roe will surprise the heck out of everyone. I may not have the HP most of the big guys are sporting, but I will have suspension and tire size to use more of what I do have. That should help a little :)

tinygiants said:
Yes, my budget can not afford a different power adder. Besides, I am betting that my little Roe will surprise the heck out of everyone. I may not have the HP most of the big guys are sporting, but I will have suspension and tire size to use more of what I do have. That should help a little :)

Dale you are 100% correct. This "Little Roe unit " does surprise the heck out of most. Especially if you change the pulley and beef up the insides alittle.
Even with that all we can usually do is just melt the tyres down to the rims!
Its plenty for me!

tinygiants said:

Dale,

How did the 4 link come out?

BigDave1970 said:
Dale,

How did the 4 link come out?
I am still waiting on the wheels. They should be here in about a month. Then I can measure for the narrowed axle. It will take about 6 weeks according to Stinker. Then I can install everything. It will be a custom 4-link that allows for the stock gas tank and spare to stay.

Keep us posted...this is pretty interesting.

Joe is coming to get my truck for the forged stuff in a week or so...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back