Engine knock!

Evictor306

Reaction score
Just as I was pulling the 10 into the basement, I noticed a knocking sound. I open the hood and sure enough heard a new noise. You can hear it pretty good in the video. Sometimes the knock is more "sharp" instead of a thud. Truck runs good, no check engine light. And i believe it's coming from the passenger side. Thanks for any help...

SRT10 engine noise - YouTube

How many miles? Oil pressure at idle and cruising? Drain a sample of oil in a cup and look for signs of metal in the sunlight. It does sound like a main bearing though sir :(
What are two marks on top of intake behind throttle body? Looks like where many plumb nitrous foggers. :dontknow:

Last edited:
Stop running it! Sounds like a spun rod bearing! Last thing you want is to gouge up the crank! They are expensive!

64,000 miles. Oil PSI is just a tad over 50 at idle. Not real sure while driving, but I do no its under 50. Say maybe around 30-35 at times.
Not sure about the things on top of the intake. They were there when I bought the truck at 59,000 miles.
I must confess. I ran her hard on the way home. Got her up to 142ish mph. And she red lines at 122mph @6100-6200rpm. I have to let off the throttle for a sec so it'll shift up or the engine bounces of the rev limiter.
But if it is what your saying, how much $$$ could I be looking at possibly? Ballpark please.

Stop running it! Sounds like a spun rod bearing! Last thing you want is to gouge up the crank! They are expensive!

Thats what my engine sounded like when I spun a rod bearing. Like Slitherbeast said, don't run the engine because the crank cost me 1795. for a new one. Best of luck! These engines are expensive to rebuild.

If the crank is salvageable,best budget $8,000. for the short block. Forged. call one of the vendors here. best value by far!

Ouch, rebuild time. Looks like plugs in the intake where nitrous foggers used to be kinda like the way JMB sets up his nitrous kits

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back