Engine Light?

Hey so i was driving yesterday and stopped at a light. I saw my oil pressure gauge start going down quickly. THe check gauges light flashed for a second then it went back up to normal, obvs with acceleration. Then it continued to fluctuate pretty good for a while. GOt back in it to take it to the store last night. Didn't seem to be a proboem now. Anyone have this happen? I am about 1000 miles overdue from oil change.

Could be low on oil, check that first and foremost. Per Chrysler standards a healthy engine under 50k miles will burn / use a quart of oil every 1,000 miles, over 50k miles 1 quart every 750 miles. I would not consider that normal oil consumption but the engineers do so it must be right.

Hey so i was driving yesterday and stopped at a light. I saw my oil pressure gauge start going down quickly. THe check gauges light flashed for a second then it went back up to normal, obvs with acceleration. Then it continued to fluctuate pretty good for a while. GOt back in it to take it to the store last night. Didn't seem to be a proboem now. Anyone have this happen? I am about 1000 miles overdue from oil change.

Possible oil pump or pressure relief valve more than likely. Valve is a simple swap.

Could be low on oil, check that first and foremost. Per Chrysler standards a healthy engine under 50k miles will burn / use a quart of oil every 1,000 miles, over 50k miles 1 quart every 750 miles. I would not consider that normal oil consumption but the engineers do so it must be right.

My engine must not be normal. I change oil between 3-4K and the oil is always right at full. Once I went almost 6K and lost 2 quarts. :dontknow:

My engine must not be normal. I change oil between 3-4K and the oil is always right at full. Once I went almost 6K and lost 2 quarts. :dontknow:

That number is just the maximum amount of oil a "normal" engine can use. 99% of them use less, you have a good one.

That number is just the maximum amount of oil a "normal" engine can use. 99% of them use less, you have a good one.

I was gonna say I've only had to put in oil between changes once and that's when I went 4500 miles between a change because I didn't have any time to change it.

She's trying to tell you to change the oil & filter. And give her a bath & take her to Wildwood.

my daughters 02 cherokee had 170k and started doing oil gauge low reading at idle , started to put high milage oil and oil treatment and went away .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back