ENGINE SPECS

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
since Eddies build started today, I pulled a few specs for everyone,

for some it may be helpful.

general specs and rods

100_0898.jpg

While I don't know what any of that means, :D I'm sure it will be helpful for some:rock: Thanks Tony

I like the caution statement under the Lubrication section...:hmmmm2:

Damn Stinker, I have no idea where you got this but it will be worth a fortune to someone who need the info later.

I saved the Pics on my hard drive for later reference... Thanks a Ton

May you take another 0.2 secs off your 1/4 mile time without spending over $500 ... :)

mm comp cams has a rocker that is 1.6 ..i think i might be having a coil binding problem and was looking at the cam specs and in tiny tiny letters i found they recomend a 1.6 rocker of theres with the cam i got from them ,,,of course they never told me this ,,just wondering if this is the prob i think i have lol

Ironhead said:
mm comp cams has a rocker that is 1.6 ..i think i might be having a coil binding problem and was looking at the cam specs and in tiny tiny letters i found they recomend a 1.6 rocker of theres with the cam i got from them ,,,of course they never told me this ,,just wondering if this is the prob i think i have lol

What is the installed height?
If you have been running it and nothing has broken, it "should" be close to o.k. ! :)
(Sounds like it might not be a bad idea to check it out though)...

Last edited:
You should be a.o.k. with a MINIMUM of .060" between the coils at full lift.
I don't know which cam you have so 'member to check both INT. and EXH. in case yours is a dual pattern cam.

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
If you have been running it and nothing has broken, it "should" be close to o.k. ! :)

lol nothing broke ,,,,but i noticed as i was messing with a kid in an old 280z that at high rpm im getting what feels like a bit of surge in power then it drops off ,,weird ,,and i seem to still be running rich on high rpm too

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
lol nothing broke ,,,,but i noticed as i was messing with a kid in an old 280z that at high rpm im getting what feels like a bit of surge in power then it drops off ,,weird ,,and i seem to still be running rich on high rpm too

I am getting some black smoke on the top end of my pulls. Maybe it is just a REAL safe tune from Chris at DC. He did say it was his first High Altitude tune.
I had him lean it out .5 across the board, but the bugger still smokes a bit on top...(more power hiding in there). I might be smart just to leave it alone with the stock internals and all.... ;) There is just a HINT of light ping on top under a REAL heavy dyno load so it must be close...but something is still off a touch as it shouldn't be smoking. But for now, I'll take smoking instead of banging... :D

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:

this is measuring it with a 6 in mitutoyo scale mind you

1 29/32 thats going from the bottom of spring to top of retainer,,,me convertion chart says 1.90625

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
this is measuring it with a 6 in mitutoyo scale mind you

1 29/32 thats going from the bottom of spring to top of retainer,,,me convertion chart says 1.90625

Oh yeah sure! Get all technical on me!!! ;):argh: I think Mitutoyo make good measuring tools...no??...

Regardless, a quick check with a feeler gauge 'tween the coils will tell the tale...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back