Engine starts then shuts off

bamasrt10

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The truck has been running great, never a problem. Then one day started it and it ran for a few seconds and shut off. Its almost like you just turned off the switch. Then later you try it again and it starts and runs fine, no check engine light, no problems. Later go back and it won't run again. Fuel pump runs, got fuel pressure, only about 40k on the truck.

Try to use your other key. Might be a chip problem with the key

My buddy had that problem with his truck. It was just an 06 ram 1500 with the hemi. but it was his key. worked for years then it just stopped.

IT IS DEFINITLY YOUR SENTRY IMOBILIZER. Try using your other key if problem doesnt go away you need to go to dealer and have a new key programmed or worse case your imobilizer ring around the ignition is messed up. There only about 120.00 for a new one at stealership + how ever much they charge you to install and program...Hope this helps

Thanks it ran great today all day, but I'll try the other key for a while to see if it does it again.

You should still check for codes even though you didn't get an engine light

Checked today after I drove for a while (I reset the computer yesterday), not got any codes.

Mine started doing that. Would start up a few seconds and kill. Would pull the key out flip it over stick it back in and run good after.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back