ENTIRE VTCOA GTG

TheSickness said:
There are many of us that have gone over 2,000 miles for a GTG more then once :D I'd be in and I agree with Alfreedo :D Vegas needs to be the place...Cheapest destination for people who will have to fly into hands down...More guys have gone east for a gtg then the east guys have come West I think that is where we all come to a sticking point...What better place then sin city :dontknow:

If the time was right and the truck is running Id go to Vegas for a meet.

Okay, since no one else is going to say it I will... This will NEVER happen. I've been to a Panama City GTG where Florida members didn't attend. I've been to a huge GTG in Macon, GA where everyone except Bone, Taliban Dan and Rhino75 arrived from elsewhere.. I know that a Central TX GTG is about to happen without many Texas members present.. We have Dom expressing interest in every GTG yet he won't show. And we actually think a national VTCoA GTG is going to go down with more thana handful? I would LOVE to see this happen, but let's face it peeps, sadly I won't see it. :(

Venom Power said:
Okay, since no one else is going to say it I will... This will NEVER happen. I've been to a Panama City GTG where Florida members didn't attend. I've been to a huge GTG in Macon, GA where everyone except Bone, Taliban Dan and Rhino75 arrived from elsewhere.. I know that a Central TX GTG is about to happen without many Texas members present.. We have Dom expressing interest in every GTG yet he won't show. And we actually think a national VTCoA GTG is going to go down with more thana handful? I would LOVE to see this happen, but let's face it peeps, sadly I won't see it. :(
IVE BEEN TO SACREMENTO AND PHX GET TOGETHERS one was almost 1200 miles and the other was 600 miles the eastcoast gtgs are over 2k miles so its a bit of a stretch get your facts straight before you start bumpin your cock suckers

505'sFastestViper. said:
IVE BEEN TO SACREMENTO AND PHX GET TOGETHERS one was almost 1200 miles and the other was 600 miles the eastcoast gtgs are over 2k miles so its a bit of a stretch get your facts straight before you start bumpin your cock suckers

:eek:WHOA WHOA WHOA, you don't have to get all upset. I know nothing of Sacremento or Pheonix.. I just know about.... :rolleyes:AWE WHAT'S THE USE? I'm too tired..

505'sFastestViper. said:
That was a very pleasant read :dontknow: :D

Venom Power said:
your correct anthony, that is why we tried at one time to have an east and west north and south GTG's,
the national we tried and most folks jsut did not want to fly in, plus trying to get everyone to decide on a date is an absolute nightmare.
on top of that most actually want a 1/4 mile drag strip.
or at least something of the sort.

how many would show at vegas? mostly guys from the west and a few eastern straglers.

best you could probably do is the london ky truck race put on by the 454ss club and advertised by speed.

but the panama will go on forever, but good luck fellas, I know myself with the economy the way it is, would not make vegas as a few others

Stinker said:
your correct anthony, that is why we tried at one time to have an east and west north and south GTG's,
the national we tried and most folks jsut did not want to fly in, plus trying to get everyone to decide on a date is an absolute nightmare.
on top of that most actually want a 1/4 mile drag strip.
or at least something of the sort.

how many would show at vegas? mostly guys from the west and a few eastern straglers.

best you could probably do is the london ky truck race put on by the 454ss club and advertised by speed.

but the panama will go on forever, but good luck fellas, I know myself with the economy the way it is, would not make vegas as a few others

dont say that, you know tony they have a buffet where dreams are born. crab legs, prime rib, pork loins, gizzards, you name it. Comeplete hotel and flight packages for 2 for less then 800 bucks at most

will do, i need a few cities to get quotes fer. Like one from florida, carolina's, new york etc.

I will search out some deals and see what kind of numbers we can come up with.

as far as snacks and drinks. I bring an empty cooler and head down to a supermarket to load up;)

This has been discussed so many times already...

A while back, Jimi (Roz) and I tried speaking with Silverback to see if something could work out. Prob is, people are so spread apart, location was an issue. Some would not be able to bring their rigs, some like Joemags wont even take his truck out when the GTG is at his house :D.

The regional thing is a thought but that is just another one of those h"hard to get organized" things.

I am up for something but when you have people who dont take the trucks out in bad weather and others that wont really go unless the truck is with them, its just not gonna happen.

TREKER said:
This has been discussed so many times already...

A while back, Jimi (Roz) and I tried speaking with Silverback to see if something could work out. Prob is, people are so spread apart, location was an issue. Some would not be able to bring their rigs, some like Joemags wont even take his truck out when the GTG is at his house :D.

The regional thing is a thought but that is just another one of those h"hard to get organized" things.

I am up for something but when you have people who dont take the trucks out in bad weather and others that wont really go unless the truck is with them, its just not gonna happen.
You'll be talking out of the other side of your mouth when you see my new Permastar OEM wheels! HA HA !:D Naurally, I'm taking off the originals and setting them aside for safe keeping.

joemags54 said:
You'll be talking out of the other side of your mouth when you see my new Permastar OEM wheels! HA HA !:D Naurally, I'm taking off the originals and setting them aside for safe keeping.

Oh... you bought a second set?? Nice... The new set will get as much usage as the stored set. ;)

Did you changed the brakes when you took the wheels off? Did you put a slipper on each lug and use only 55ft lbs of torque to take them off? ;) Coming on sat? You dont have to bring the truck. No excuse now...:p

TREKER said:
Oh... you bought a second set?? Nice... The new set will get as much usage as the stored set. ;)

Did you changed the brakes when you took the wheels off? Did you put a slipper on each lug and use only 55ft lbs of torque to take them off? ;) Coming on sat? You dont have to bring the truck. No excuse now...:p
I still have to shop for rubber for the new wheels. I haven't done the brakes yet. But, considering he fronts only, when I swap the wheels. The front set looked easy enough. Not sure about Sat. Maybe dinner with you guys.

I was just thinking the last gtg I was at was at Boomers shop in Evansville.

P1010443.jpg

I think there was 20 trucks(help me out guys if I'm off) and it was a blast.

One of those red trucks is mine and it was an excellent time. Boomer was a great host....

I have been to many GTGs, including California, Arizona, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania/New York, Florida 4 times, Dayton Ohio, and the Mopar Nats 3 straight years. On top of that Alex and I are going to the Washington GTG in a few weeks. So I know a thing or 2 about attending GTGs. The bottom line is, it takes commitment to show up.

Now with that said, we could probably do a weekend in Vegas (minus the truck) next year. This year we have no budget left.

Set a rock solid date for early next year, and we are in.

Bill.

FATJACK said:
Chattanooga is within an 8 hour drive of 3/4 of the population of the entire United States.:rock: :rock:

I'm down with that. Are we staying at your house Jack?:D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back