ethonl

05viper qb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can we use the ethonl in your trucks i know 91 we have to use

No. the stuff is junk anyways. It is 100+ octane but is has alot less btu's. It will not work unless the engine is designed for it. Even then its a waste.

There are conversion kits out there, but I wouldn't try it. New lines, have to tune it for that fuel, injectors I would guess would have to have a different pulse width...

Like he said about the BTUs.

05viper qb said:
can we use the ethonl in your trucks i know 91 we have to use

Are you talking an Ethanol blend?

I have been using 94 octane (10% blend) for two years. My truck loves it.
Even though Ethanol has less b.t.u.s than gasoline. it is an oxygenate and is like running a mini-Nitrous system. The increase in power is irrefutable.

Poorer mileage with Ethanol though but because it is an oxygenate, and your O2 sensor detects it, more fuel is added. That is the part the oil companies like.
I offset the loss with 6 oz. of pure Acetone. per tank.

Ron

everything here is 10 percent ethonal........ replaced methonal i think, not for performace but to please the greenies.

I am curious if i can use E-85...It is a fuel whit 15% ethanol in the gasoline...

If i remember correctly i read some where that you can use it in our trucks.:dontknow: ...It is allot cheaper over here the regular gasoline...And better for the planet...:) :) :rock:

Stefan...

mauiSRT/10 said:
We have the blend here on Maui...........you cant tell the difference at all. I asked Dan at DC Perf about it............he was like no problem.

patrick

Thanks Patrik..:rock: :rock:

Stefan..

Don't try running E85 in your truck, our engines are not made to take it.

Bill.

Too much alcohol. It can damage the internal parts of our engines. It should only be run in vehicles that are approved to use it.

Bill.

Begood said:
Too much alcohol. It can damage the internal parts of our engines. It should only be run in vehicles that are approved to use it.

Bill.

Yea.. I think they call em Flex Fuel.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Your welcome my Northern friend!!:burnout: But we are only 10% on Maui not 15% like your country.;)

patrick

The blend is OK.. its all I can get here.... but it does affect my mileage though... however like RottenRonnie mentioned, I just add 6oz of Acetone to help with countering the "greenie effect"...

They up the percentage here to I think 15% in winter or summer.. cant remember exactly when/what they do...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back