everyone in i need opnions

Srt-BoZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well i got a brand new 05 one of the ones left on the lot, when i recieved the truck the paint wasnt all that great but i let the dealer try and fix it with buffing and it got worse, well i got to noticing the paint had bronze metallic in it? i checked around and there was no bronze metallic in 05 truck is supose to be all black no metallic. i called my dealer and they said they will call the dealer they got it from but they didnt think dodge would do anything about it? truck has 1k miles. so i think at the least they should repaint the truck its original color. it has swirls, hairlines, and it has touch up marks all over it so im thinking the other dealer is full of it or somebody didnt report something. Need help and input guys.

nwappleby said:
this fugger goes so fast, the paint comes off anyway

haha i agree, but srt-boz, i believe your dealership should paint your truck in correct way with whole black the way it should be. i got one with few but big dents on rear bumper so i told dealership to have it paint and they do it right away and it look pretty good. if your dealership wont do it then go to another dealership where they would do it for u

well the way they say it works is, since my dealership doesnt have a paint shop they basically tell me to pick where i want it painted which is awesome because i have an awesome painter, but dodge has to foot the bill which i think they wont and i know the dealer wont. The truck came from GA somewhere, i think there going to go to battle with them and take 6 months lol

Paint Code for the black 2005 trucks: PX8
Confirm that with the dealer, the body shop manager, and the actual person doing the painting. Takes 5 minutes but you can rest easy knowing everyone is in the loop and has the right info.

The bronze you're seeing might be a primer, or overspray from another project they had going in the paintbooth.

Asking the dealer to repaint the entire truck might get you a big ol' "NO", but if you were to ask about specific body parts......
:)

its def under the clear i just checked to comfirm the code is PX8 on the door, but there is bronze metallic on the truck prof. done its under the clear it doesnt look like over spray at all. the dealership doesnt have a paint shop? or do you mean factory?

Ahhh....so you're not near the dealer you purchased her from. Gotcha.

Well, take pics and send them to the dealer. I think that's about the best evidence you have.
It'd be a lot easier if you were local to them.

Depending on the size of the dealership, they probably have their own body shop on site.
It is possible, but I *HIGHLY* doubt the bronze paint you're seeing is from the factory.

Any chance you can show us the photos? That might help too.

theres alot of pollen out but let me clean off a spot and see what the pics will look like, the metallic is spread out and not overly big but its there for sure. give me just a min ill get some up ill get some of the scratches and stuff too

Try clay-barring it, see if its just overspray and comes off. It also could be "left-over" metallic in the gun where the painter didnt clean his gun thoroughly. Black shows EVERYTHING. The clay bar should get you started though if its just overspray. Good Luck!

scratches
dodge+srt-10+002.jpg

paint code

dodge+srt-10+006.jpg

had to zoom in with no flash but u can see some of the metallic i cleaned the spot good

dodge+srt-10+007.jpg

Ask them if they would be willing to pay for a pro to polish it to a brand new finish. I would....

-Red

ive thought about that being a solution, but im not sure polishing it would be fixing it. well im going to push for something i think its way wrong lol

Is it just on the hood or is it on other body parts as well?

I like Patrick's idea: Pro polish job. I'll bet most of that stuff goes away, and your truck comes back looking showroom new.

Plus, it's cheaper than re-painting a whole truck. :)

ohh i didnt realized that pro polish job is cheaper than re-painting, then go for it get your truck a pro polish job and see if it is much better than before

yea i agree with the polishing im just worried about it not all coming out, no the whole truck looks like that.

Try the pro polish job first. If that doesn't get rid of the stuff, then contact the dealer about a re-paint.
Keep them informed as much as you can without being annoying (I'm not saying you are, just don't over-do it).
Pictures rock. Video is good too.

If you can, get (3) estimates from paint shops, along with written descriptions from the owners/managers of the problems inside the paint. The dealer will probably like that more than "I know this awesome paint shop". :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back