everyone in i need opnions

You are lucky in that you have a one off truck. They appearently used the wrong paint on it when it went through the paint booth. Have them document it for you in some way. See if you can find the paint code for the color you have.

Now for the fix. As long as the scratches are not through the clear coat you are okay. If the they are through the clear coat the only fix is to repaint it. Anyway, if it's clearcoat only they can prep the surface and reshoot the clear and you are as good as new. Actually better in a way.

Remember oddball mistakes sometimes become valuable in the future. The important thing is the documentation that it came from the factory that way.

Good luck.

Is the bronze color about the same color as one of those Daytona's? Maybe it was in the vicinity of one being painted or there was still bronze paint in the air when yours was painted. Gonna be difficult to get Dodge to admit to anything if they think it's gonna cost them a dime.

im not sure what kind of metallic it is, im thinking most of the scratches arent through the clear, we will see how it goes and what sosge will do

its industrial fall out. need to have it acid washed then waxed and clayed, most dealers have that capabilty, if not find a good detailer. doesn't need painting.

bucke77 said:
its industrial fall out. need to have it acid washed then waxed and clayed, most dealers have that capabilty, if not find a good detailer. doesn't need painting.

I thought about that as well. He mentioned he already claybarred it, so I ruled that out. A claybar should have taken care of that first round. By the pics, his truck isn't caked in it, so I don't think an acid wash in need.

iwantmysrt said:
I thought about that as well. He mentioned he already claybarred it, so I ruled that out. A claybar should have taken care of that first round. By the pics, his truck isn't caked in it, so I don't think an acid wash in need.
when clay doesnt work I would rec an acid wash, pictures are just to hard to judge by. I'm going by my years of experience with vehicle that sit on the lot for 1 or more years.

well i had my detailer do a pretty hard core claybar and buff right when i got it and it didnt work so i think im too the point of wet sand and polish or getting the truck re cleared or repainted whichever, im going to try for the wetsand that seems to be the thing the painters think will work.

oh yea whats an acid wash? dont all soaps have acid in them or are you talking hard core acid? and the clay will only get trash out of the paint it doesnt fix scratches all over the truck, i know a paint job when i see it this truck was painted metallic black.

a vinegar and water mixture (although the companies that sell it won't admit it's vinegar). Take one good wiff and tell me that ain't vinegar, I dare ya...It basically strips the car down.

When I bought my 04 which had be on the lot for 2 years I had a similar issue. I ended up simply washing with dawn, compounding and then polishing twice, looks purdy when I was finished.

so basically u striped it down and used like 3m compound and then polished it out twice?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back