Excellent Encouter with the Fuzz

CarDude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my truck had to go to the paint shop to fix a clearcoat problem. Tiny bubbles appeared inbetween the layers of clearcoat, since I had them clear coat over my stripes. Long story short...truck was in the shop three weeks. I was so pissed when I went to pick it up, as it had overspray all over it. I took it as I just wanted it back and knew I could clean it up much better than they would (or could).

Well I was in a huge hurry, the road was cold, and the tires are still new. Needless to say, the rear was a little loose and my right foot was a little heavy, and the "display of speed" was obvious. I hit 80 in a 55 before I knew it...sideways too boost. Then bamm...I see the lights. He was pretty far behind me, but I immediately pulled over, as I knew I was soooo busted. He came to the window, I handed him my license, reg, ins, and a huge apology. I told him I was as guilt as they get...he looked at me and said..."Is this the HEMI?" I said, "No it is the Viper motor...you want to see it?" He said here is not the place..."Wow your truck is fast, I just wanted to see it, and I am on 4 1/2 hour of overtime so I am only going to give you a warning...here is your stuff back." He told me that he has a camaro at home and that he goes to Bandimere to get the wiggles out. He told me to be careful and have a nice evening. I was like "Thank you...sorry again".

That is the four or fifth time something like that has happened to me (twice in the truck)...when I knew I was guilt..guilt...guilt. I am not saying I have be ticketed, but I have been pulled over a lot and I am very, very fortunate. I need to get a lighter foot.

Yes you do CarDude----Lucky Dog :)

yep, indeed very lucky!

definatly a nice cop. sadly lol i have never recieved a ticket in the srt have had 2 warnings in dakota 1 in blazer and 1 ticket in my wife's avalanche.. so wth? lol

Congrats on the great escape!

According to my Law Enforcement acquaintances here in Northern Arizona - two things you did right

1 - Stop immediately - nothing pisses them off more than ignoring them - they really do not like this

2 - Admit you were speeding -- they usually don't hear this and the honesty helps and lets face it - you were!

Also, although this doesn't apply to most of us :), try to stay under 9mph over the limit -- two guys told me they won't stop speeders doing around 10 mph - they speed too and feel it isn't right to ticket someone for something they do - Interesting concept - anyway - 12-15 mph over and you may get a warning depending on their mood - 20+ over and your in deep kaka and here in Arizona it is felony speeding -All of the acquaintances will write you up - if you piss them off with attitude or what not you can and will go to jail and your ride gets impounded and your told to "have a nice day"

bottom line - be courteous, honest and respectful and you will probably be cut a break here. This does not apply to Arizona Highway Patrol -- those guys have their mind made up when they approach you but even they are reasonable at times.

another heads up - my sheriff deputy friend showed me his new 360 deg radar instant on -- two units, front and rear, each cover 180 deg and then some. Don't think you can sneak up behind them and they can't catch you speeding - they can!

Sheesh - it just ain't fair!! :)

Last edited:
F*** Tha POLICE!!!:D:D:D:D J/K Guyz...Just still a little bitter over my last encounter with the Marine Corps MP's....:(

I got pulled over the night I bought my truck.

Officer: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Uh, speeding?"
Officer: "Not exactly, I pulled you over for the burnout off the light and the second gear scratch...which was quite impressive for a pickup truck."
Me: "Thanks, just bought it today and was seeing what it could do."
Officer: "Uh huh...license, reg and insurance please."

Two other police cars pulled up while I was waiting for him to run my info, I think they were having a roadside meeting. He came back a few minutes later.

Officer: "I'm going to let you off with a warning since you just bought the truck today. I told the rest of the guys to keep a look out for you so no more fun tonight. By the way, we patrol this street unmarked a lot. Not the best place to test your truck. Have a nice evening."
Me: [stunned] "Thanks, I really appreciate it."

I felt really fortunate, that ticket could have been lots of money. I never expected him to say he was impressed with the trucks power.

RoadRunner said:
I got pulled over the night I bought my truck.

Officer: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Uh, speeding?"
Officer: "Not exactly, I pulled you over for the burnout off the light and the second gear scratch...which was quite impressive for a pickup truck."
Me: "Thanks, just bought it today and was seeing what it could do."
Officer: "Uh huh...license, reg and insurance please."

Two other police cars pulled up while I was waiting for him to run my info, I think they were having a roadside meeting. He came back a few minutes later.

Officer: "I'm going to let you off with a warning since you just bought the truck today. I told the rest of the guys to keep a look out for you so no more fun tonight. By the way, we patrol this street unmarked a lot. Not the best place to test your truck. Have a nice evening."
Me: [stunned] "Thanks, I really appreciate it."

I felt really fortunate, that ticket could have been lots of money. I never expected him to say he was impressed with the trucks power.

Pretty cool, my dad was a PIG when I was a kid. They use to tell me that PIG stood for Pride, Intergrity, and Guts... Police are just regular people doing a job that can really suck. Just think that the majority of the time you have an encounter with the police something bad has happened to you or to someone else, so you never get to see them in the best circumstances. Most people just don't realize the extreme highs and lows that go with the job. I do, that is why I always talk to them when I see them...they are just people (some are pretty cool) protecting and serving others who only care about police when someone did something wrong to harm them.

Cops can be quite cool...:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back