EXHAUST FLAME THROWER

Would you install an exhaust flame thrower on your truck?

• Hell yeah, is there a better way to signal tailgaters?

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Hell no, I'm not getting ticket for this!

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Maybe, if it was done safe and didnt hurt performance.

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters
I just put a thread down in the new members section- Virginia Beach, VA is where I hang my hat these days- Was in the military so all over for the past 12 years or so- getting ready to go back to Iraq as a contractor and make some serious cash to blow on my truck! HAHA -

On a side note, I dont know if I have any any flames come out of the truck while driving- I have thrown the switch on when I decel but cant see anything- I was looking more for a reaction of horror and disgust from the driver of the vehicle behind me, but I havent even gotten that yet!

All of my buddies are either overseas working or moved within the state for work so I dont have anyone to go out and (try) to follow me while I drive my truck like I stole it....

Just poured in the NOS booster to see if that will do anything.....Couple hours to see when its dark-

Well before you head out...We should hang out...Send me a PM...

Infidel said:
LMAO @ EMT/SRT's picture-

There were no votes for no until that pic was attached- haha

I think it would be pretty difficult to do that to my truck, at least the way I want to build it- I have read where guys have put the plugs too close to the mufflers (and other saying before the mufflers), others using the kits that kill the coil packs up front and flood the motor (which is exactly what I wont do).

My tips also extend past my bumper a few inches where as this schmucks rice rocket may had been flush or underneath. Theres no telling what he did to his car to make it do that- Rice burners just arent made to run like our trucks and good ole American muscle do....

I feel better telling myself that he was a moron with a p.o.s car that shouldnt have had turbo or nitrous to start with, much less trying to shoot flames!

Just bought some NOS octane booster and put the usual 93 octane in (at $99 to fill up, ugh)....also read that the pipes need to be hot....something I didnt do before- Will wait for it to get dark out and will let ya'll know!

FYI: RX7's run pig rich all the time, period. A good buddy has one with a single turbo conversion and no cats, straight thru muffler, blah, blah...it's stupid fast. At idle, we can light his exhaust on fire and it'll burn until you shut it down. Not defending the schlub with the toasted 7, but just sharing.:D :D

GOT SOME FLAMAGE-

Alright, well I poured a bottle of the NOS octane booster and ran around town for about 45 minutes after dark-

I tried while just sitting in park bringing the tach to 3k, 4k, 5k- nothing- BUT as soon as I hit 5950, short blue/yellow flames belched out about a foot-

So now Im not sure if the truck will shoot some fire while decel'ing down a road or if it will without bringing the octane up to 98 or 99.....I wonder, based on what some of you have shared, if the plugs are even needed as it might do it on its own....Will keep you posted.

Still looking for a way to get just a smidge more fire, or without having to redline it for a show.....hhmmm....

LOL Rev it up to 6000, and kill the ignition source (spark in the cylinder easy to do via a fuse) then hit your sparker and violia you have a 10-20 FOOT flame... I did it on my hemi, it was fun...

None of the above for me poll choices for me. You asked if we would install it on our trucks, so, I will answer honestly - HELL NO and nothing to do with tickets, I have things on my truck which are illegal in my area, could care less, just don't like them. They're like a NOS thing for me, better suited to the Jappas - Exhaust Lame Throwers. But, to each his/her own. ;)

0.02c

Like others have posted the best way to get flames is to use a propane system. It is easier and looks wicked. I won't do it on my truck because I get enough tickets as it is with tint, stereo, and speed.
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout::vroam:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back