Exhaust options

spdrcrj

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Well, I picked up a drop in K&N filter and B&G stage 2 PCM. I'm now looking at exhaust options to wrap up my mods list. I like the stock sound of the truck and dont want to go much louder. Can you guys (or girls if there are any) give me any suggestions how I could get a power boost by complimenting the slight increase in air intake and my computer swap without going much louder than stock (that's what my Vette is for :D )

TIA,
Jim

Last edited:
spdrcrj said:
Hello Everyone,

Well, I picked up a drop in K&N filter and B&G stage 2 PCM. I'm now looking at exhaust options to wrap up my mods list. I like the stock sound of the truck and dont want to go much louder. Can you guys (or girls if there are any) give me any suggestions how I could compliment the slight increase in air intake and my computer swap without going much louder than stock (that's what my Vette is for :D )

TIA,
Jim

PM Boomer and pick up a Magnaflow....with the cats still in it just gives the truck the right amount of rumble but not too loud....He also has killer prices.....

This is JMHO, but I seriously doubt you'll pick up any HP with a cat-back. I know Magnaflow advertises 20hp or something rediculous like that, but I can honestly say that when I installed mine, I felt nothing. Though it does sound quite a bit better than stock. And it WILL be louder, but not obnoxious by any means.

This is why I'm contemplating Bassani shorties and electric cutouts just aft of the cats.

PROF has done his with very good results. He added resonators too tone down the sound!!

Mopar Headers, Cat delete, and Magnaflo Muffler with down stream resonators!! He is fixin to have his truck dynoed as is then installing Vec2, meth Injection and Sean Roe Tune then Dyno again. Should be interesting to follow!!

Nowwhat said:
PM Boomer and pick up a Magnaflow....with the cats still in it just gives the truck the right amount of rumble but not too loud....He also has killer prices.....

To add to the above post.
Magnaflow gives a nice rumble at idle but really wakes up at WOT. Very simple to install yourself. Just use some wd40 on the rubber hangers to loosen them up.

patrick

Anyone tried the catback listed on Hennessey's website? I can't help but notice the picture is lifted directly from Magnaflow's site, but there is no brand given other than Hennessey, and the price is listed at $950!!

RatMotor said:
Anyone tried the catback listed on Hennessey's website? I can't help but notice the picture is lifted directly from Magnaflow's site, but there is no brand given other than Hennessey, and the price is listed at $950!!

it is just a $950 maganflow.....sweet huh.....?.....what a guy.....

Dont by any means short yourself bro, with the shorties , Cai, and cat back you will get no noticable performance, tried that on the QC and poop!

Go with a Cai if ya want, any will do, th drop in is as good as any.

Magnaflow will give you the best sound, the rest will be real loud and poppy.

go with long tube headers and hi flow cats, thats what I have on th QC, it gives a good sound and not loud at highway sppeads but opens up at WOT. And th performance gain is very noticable, and the sound is a little deaper than stock.

the shorties are jsut that short on power.

I had Borla on mine before the turbo and Loved the sound. Then I heard Stretch's with the Magnaflow. After hearing both I would say get the Magnaflow. Sounded meaner without an increase in overall volume.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back