exhaust talk

Srt-BoZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seem to be some choices on exhaust, which companies also sale the xpipe or mid pipe whatever it is for the truck. Also what exhaust is the quietest out of the group with or without cats? for an 05 QC

Srt-BoZ said:
There seem to be some choices on exhaust, which companies also sale the xpipe or mid pipe whatever it is for the truck. Also what exhaust is the quietest out of the group with or without cats? for an 05 QC

Once you remove cats even the factory exh is loud...

FerrariTruck said:
Once you remove cats even the factory exh is loud...

For sure......stock is the quietest. Otherwise Magnaflow is the best bang for the buck!!! Leave the cats ons if your concerned about noise. If not X metal and Roe Racing have some midpipes selections.

patrick

Last edited:
thanx guys, i noticed bassani had a system that uses the stock tailpipes and what not, not sure if any of you guys have had experience with them but there exhuast is usually quiet

I was interested in loud as hell when accelerating but no in cab drone at fixed highway speeds. Bellanger long-tubes, Bellanger high-flows and mid-pipes, and Magnaflow cat-back is working out very well. Fit and finish are outstanding but if you're interest is quiet, choose something else.

i dont mind loud outside the truck at all lol i hate my nieghbors, i worried about drone and all that in the truck.

I'm also in the exhaust prospecting stage to figure out what exactly I'm in the market for... I want loud as hell acceleration/reving but quiet idle. I dont care for the magnaflow's sound. It's impossible to say why through text, but if you've heard it, its because I dont like the pop pop sound or maybe its a repeditive slaping sound... either way, sounds alright, but not for me lol

I have a pretty particular taste, and again its impossible to describe through text and frankly I dont want to record 'truck noises' with my mouth either, but I'm looking for a very Deep, rumble, or... maybe closer to old muscle car note, you know, the crazy HP ones... but then again those aren't very quiet at idle. hmmm

Lets say If.... If I wanted to make my truck sound like a monster truck, how would I do so? make it loud as possible, like, shatter windows, get arrested loud...?

Hard to get rid of the popping slapping as thats a byproduct of the viper engine not the brand of muffler. I know two people on Maui that have the gibson catback on their SRT/10's. I feel its quieter than the magnaflow.....and but also a little deeper than the stocker.

A friend also had Bassani headers and catback on his Harley truck.........loudest f ing exhaust I have ever heard!!! Loud all the time in the cab!!! It was very overbearing. I knew he was coming by my house from several blocks away, it was that loud!!

patrick

Stinker said:
SGt just remove the stock resonator off the rear of the stock exhaust and it will sound tons better

Stinker, I have been considering exhaust as well. Is it best to go to a muffler shop shop for that chunk of pipe to replace the resonator or does someone on the Forum offer it. That is a very good option you suggested.

Thanks bro, I will look into it. Still trying to decide the best exhaust plan for the money.

hemi killer said:
Thanks bro, I will look into it. Still trying to decide the best exhaust plan for the money.

I keep forgetting they put that resonator on after 04.......

Hemi killer your truck is simply awesome.....but it blows me away you still have the stock exhaust!:dontknow: This is not a flame at all, dont get me wrong.....its just that I ordered my magnaflow before my truck even arrived on Maui....thats how much I wanted to change it out. I needed the truck to sound amazing from the git go!!!

For a cheap fix just cut in a magnaflow or similar and delete the resonator.

patrick

Azmal said:
Wonder how glass packs would sound...

i have glasspacks and they are deep. i had a flowmaster, and a magnaflow, but im like you with sound. try the glasspacks. they are deep when you step on it, decent tone at idle, quiet just crusin and NO interior resonance. for 50 bucks and a hour or so it's worth it. all you need is 2 2 1/2" glasspacks, 2 straight sections about 20" long and a couple clamps. o and since its a 05 get a couple more pieces of pipe for the resonator. or just go to a shop and tell them to put them on. your choice but still a cheaper exhaust.

so the bassani was loud thats weird? ive had there exhaust on different cars and they were so quiet. so from what ive seen there is magna flow,borla , corsa and gibson, which one would you guys suggest?

To get that v8 sound .. well as close as a 10 will get.. you need a heavey cam... my buddie just put the chrysler race package on his viper .. which is the intake exhaust computer .. and it sounded the same or simular only louder.. he then put in the heavy race cam that comes with the package and now at idol it sounds a hellof a lot better . almost like a big v8 its verry lumpy sounding .. a huge improvement..

Azmal said:
I'm also in the exhaust prospecting stage to figure out what exactly I'm in the market for... I want loud as hell acceleration/reving but quiet idle. I dont care for the magnaflow's sound. It's impossible to say why through text, but if you've heard it, its because I dont like the pop pop sound or maybe its a repeditive slaping sound... either way, sounds alright, but not for me lol

I have a pretty particular taste, and again its impossible to describe through text and frankly I dont want to record 'truck noises' with my mouth either, but I'm looking for a very Deep, rumble, or... maybe closer to old muscle car note, you know, the crazy HP ones... but then again those aren't very quiet at idle. hmmm

Lets say If.... If I wanted to make my truck sound like a monster truck, how would I do so? make it loud as possible, like, shatter windows, get arrested loud...?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back