exhaust talk

This past weekend I tried the following on my 05 QC:

Removed the muffler back, loud as hell didnt get it out of the garage.

Added two 28 in x 2.5 glasspacks with nothing past that. It was loud and I didnt like the sound of it that much I didnt run it a lot.

Added the tail portion of the exhaust from the mufflers back with glasspack and the stock resonator. This sounds nice outside of the truck good rumble no drone during cruise. When you step on it and get the downshift you get attention.

This weekend I will ditch that resonator and see how it sounds. I took stanimals advice on this and am happy with what I have so far. Mufflers are $22 each picked up two 18 inch sections of 2.5 flared tubing and two stainless clamps. Total was less than $65 if you dont count the second set of tubing I had to buy after cutting the first to short.

sirhc76 said:
This past weekend I tried the following on my 05 QC:

Removed the muffler back, loud as hell didnt get it out of the garage.

Added two 28 in x 2.5 glasspacks with nothing past that. It was loud and I didnt like the sound of it that much I didnt run it a lot.

Added the tail portion of the exhaust from the mufflers back with glasspack and the stock resonator. This sounds nice outside of the truck good rumble no drone during cruise. When you step on it and get the downshift you get attention.

This weekend I will ditch that resonator and see how it sounds. I took stanimals advice on this and am happy with what I have so far. Mufflers are $22 each picked up two 18 inch sections of 2.5 flared tubing and two stainless clamps. Total was less than $65 if you dont count the second set of tubing I had to buy after cutting the first to short.

Cool, keep us informed as you change it up.

patrick

iwantmysrt said:
I welded some Dynomax Bullets in my intermediate pipe on the TA, I wonder what those would sound like on the truck w/ catless mids. This sound clip is w/ stock manifolds, no cats and the bullet. I know its a V8. but maybe someone can give some input.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/443f7c...hments/JTA5_burnout_0_70.wav?bf0O2uFBYICQ65gp
I thought about doing the same and think I even posted this question. A guy locally had some for 30$ I passed up. I am going to try straight pipes first and see how that sounds.

i guess im going to go with one of the normals magnaflow or borla or whatever

So the Gibson is deeper sounding and almost as quiet as the stock?

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
To get that v8 sound .. well as close as a 10 will get.. you need a heavey cam... my buddie just put the chrysler race package on his viper .. which is the intake exhaust computer .. and it sounded the same or simular only louder.. he then put in the heavy race cam that comes with the package and now at idol it sounds a hellof a lot better . almost like a big v8 its verry lumpy sounding .. a huge improvement..
I'd like to hear more about this "kit"...

Last edited:
Tom said:
So the Gibson is deeper sounding

I would not say that. Its better than the stocker but not near as good as the magnaflow IMO. I have not been inside my friends truck when driving but from the outside at idle and driving its louder than stock but not as loud as the magnaflow. To me the gibson sounds like a quiet..... jr. version of the magnflow.

patrick

I got a question on the Magnaflow catback exhaust. If i change the mids would the Magnaflow catback still hook up to the new mids or would i have to cut it to fit the 3" mids? What i'm trying to say is doesn't the Magnaflow neck down to 2.5" for the stock mids?

the best combination I've found is Mopar headers to Mopar catless mids to: OUT! Neighbors love me and car alarms go a blazin!

nice!! haha :rock: but i am planning to get magnaflow too but what is the answer to viperpowered's question?

Viperpowered said:
I got a question on the Magnaflow catback exhaust. If i change the mids would the Magnaflow catback still hook up to the new mids or would i have to cut it to fit the 3" mids? What i'm trying to say is doesn't the Magnaflow neck down to 2.5" for the stock mids?

It will take some cutting.My local muffler/tire shop cut-fit-welded mine for $30

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back