Exhaust Vibration

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So about 100 miles ago i noticed a weird noise and it sort of sounded like i was driving through sand and it was hitting the fender. After driving a little more the noise became more distinct. Is is a vibration that happens consistently in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th between 1400 and 1600 RPM during acceleration.

I also noticed it under heavy acceleration around 4K in 3rd and it will happen sometimes in 1st around 1400-1600 also. I do not notice it nearly as much under heavy acceleration in the low RPM range but i think thats just because it goes through the range to quickly.

Is sounds like it is coming from the rear end of or somewhere around the mufflers. Im hoping that it is just coming from a hanger on the exhaust but i am not sure. Does any one have any ideas as to what this may be or has any one had a similar problem.

Thanx any help would be appreciated.:confused:

best bet is to get under there, follow the exhaust from front to back and see what could be hitting...... When you come across something thats close to the pipes you'll be able to tell if its hitting on the exhaust or not..... I just had a nasty rattle and I ended up grinding some metal off!

that is the plan for tomorrow. what r the odds of it being some thing catastrophic or something i should not drive over?

Do you have a Magnaflow cat back? Check the muffler itself to see if it rattles.

As far as I know the exhaust is stock. I believe that the mufflers have "xcelerator" stamped on them. The driverside cat was just replaced by the stealership ( warranty victory) but is sounds like is is coming from the area of the muffler area anyway. Btw does any one know if the stock mufflers have xcelerator stMped on them or something like that?

The only thing I can seem to find is the flimsily metal heat shield that is directly under the back of the cab and the front of the bed and it seems to come and go

As far as I know the exhaust is stock. I believe that the mufflers have "xcelerator" stamped on them. The driverside cat was just replaced by the stealership ( warranty victory) but is sounds like is is coming from the area of the muffler area anyway. Btw does any one know if the stock mufflers have xcelerator stMped on them or something like that?

this is just a guess but i would say if the dealership honored the warrenty it is still stock

and yeacheck those heat shield. noises can move too. might want to jiggle the ones on the manifold to. just incase

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back