Expected HP loss

BLWNSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was wondering approximately how much HP will be lost going from a manual to a built auto. I will dyno the truck again to verify when I'm done. My truck is around the 700rwhp mark.

Was wondering approximately how much HP will be lost going from a manual to a built auto. I will dyno the truck again to verify when I'm done. My truck is around the 700rwhp mark.

Horsepower lost through drivetrain is mostly expressed as a percentage of total power, not a specific number. Which automatic are you switching to?

Horsepower lost through drivetrain is mostly expressed as a percentage of total power, not a specific number. Which automatic are you switching to?

48re, a buddy is building me one he also did my diesel 47re last year.

Yes, 3 weeks ago no traction, and last Wednesday castrol and go auto had put on a private race days. And last wednesday my 2nd gear decided to make a high pitch whine followed by a clunk and grind. I had to have the transmission rebuilt when I bought the truck 8years ago and it only had 3000 miles on it had to buy new synchris and the second gear assembly.

i was told

When I got mine dyno'd, I was told around 20% loss..!

Quad cab trucks normally dyno about 30hp less than regular cabs so I'd expect to loose at least 20 to the wheel after the swap.

Hi meathead. Been on a huge repipe job since Feb of this year. Had 1 day off so far. A week away from completion.
I'm not sure that means what you think it means. :D

I start sending you flowers again soon.
Promise?

Quad cab trucks normally dyno about 30hp less than regular cabs so I'd expect to loose at least 20 to the wheel after the swap.
Yeah, but how much of that loss can be attributed to torque management, two piece driveshaft, and the relative uncoolness of a QC (compared to a RC)?

I'm not sure that means what you think it means. :D

Promise?

Yeah, but how much of that loss can be attributed to torque management, two piece driveshaft, and the relative uncoolness of a QC (compared to a RC)?

Lost an Xtra 10% based on coolness alone

So you are gonna let me have the wing for shipping costs. ..........

I'm not separating the wing from the cover and I'm not shipping either of them.

Back on topic, anyone have any real data on the 47RE or 48RE HP requirements?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back