Expensive Free Oil Change

Silverback

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after I finished work today I stop by the Dodge dealer to see if they had any openings for an oil change. Well they had one opening at 1:00. It was only 10:30 so I told them I would be back.

On my way out I ran into the salesman that I have bought most of my vehicles from and he asked what I was up to. I told him I would be back later for an oil change, and he said, leave the truck and take a new Nitro home. My daughter had been in yesterday to get the oil changed in her car and Ken has seen her and her future husband looking at one on the showroom floor.

So anyway, the short version of the story is that even though I get free oil changes, by the time the day was done I had given a substantual down payment on a new Nitro for my daughter in order to get the payments down to where she could afford the car.

Actually I have to admit, it's a nice little car. I just hope she takes better care of this one than the last one.

MUTT said:
turtle will be excited about it...what color did she get? SXT,SLT or RT?

They got a Sunburst Orange SLT.

I probably will not see them again until next weekend, but when I do I will get a couple pictures then.

Turtle still loving her's?:confused: :dontknow:

I really like them, there is a black RT at the local dealership and its pretty sharp. Good choice!!!

Geez. I promise to take excellent care of it if you drop a big downpayment on one for me!!:D

I saw Turtle's Black Nitro today. It is a nice looking SUV. Mutt says the RT has a 4L 6cyl? What's the HP on that? I might be looking for a new car for Sarah in a few months....

I bought my 17 year old Daughter her dream car. A 1996 BMW Z3. Only 1 problem. The convertible is mint but the engine has a blown head gasket. She asked me what am I going to do with this. I said fix it then you can drive it. She asked me how is she going to pay for it. I told her you got a 3.5 GPA figure it out. She responded right back by blushing her eyes and asking her Daddy (me) to fix the engine. I responded by saying I bought you your dream car now its up to you and you alone to get it fixed. When you finally get it fixed you will feel like you own the car because you worked for it. She got a job and is saving 50% of her paycheck to fix the engine. She is almost there. When she comes up with the money it will go to the college fund and I'll pay for the engine repair. I'm so proud of her.

Brad

Black1 said:
I saw Turtle's Black Nitro today. It is a nice looking SUV. Mutt says the RT has a 4L 6cyl? What's the HP on that? I might be looking for a new car for Sarah in a few months....

If Sarah was mine, she would be getting an '08 Viper...but that's just me...;)

Prof said:
If Sarah was mine, she would be getting an '08 Viper...but that's just me...;)

She doesn't know how to drive one.... She just jacks the gear lever up and down and can figure out why it's not going in gear. :dontknow: :D :p :rock:

SrtBrad said:
The daughter cost me a lot more than $1000 but thats what the Z3 cost me. It was a killer deal. The repair will cost a lot more. The head is cracked.

:D That is a great deal on the car tho... I had a 2002 M Roadster and loved it. :rock: ........... But, if you have to get a new head for it, that aint cheap. :(

Black1 said:
:D That is a great deal on the car tho... I had a 2002 M Roadster and loved it. :rock: ........... But, if you have to get a new head for it, that aint cheap. :(

Thats for sure. A machine shop friend of mine is the owner. I used to work there ages ago. I'll just get one from the "bone" yard and machine it myself. That will cut down some cost. But still a killer deal.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back