Exploring my options.

yellowFeVEr#270

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a proud new owner, and honestly this is my daily driver, so I need it relatively dependable. I was curious as to some of the bolt on mods available. Looking for a CAI, ported TB, stage 2 tune and cutting out the cats. Is this the way i need to go. your help is appreciated.

I'm a proud new owner, and honestly this is my daily driver, so I need it relatively dependable. I was curious as to some of the bolt on mods available. Looking for a CAI, ported TB, stage 2 tune and cutting out the cats. Is this the way i need to go. your help is appreciated.

Underdrive pulley, tune 93 octane, K&N CAI or drop in, Roe TB, nice exhaust. Headers optional :)
Can help ya out with all the above plus some. :rock:

Justin @ JMB Performance can help you with the CAI and catless mids.

Chris Jensen can help you with the tuner.

Throttle bodys can be had at Roe Racing or JTSVP Performance.

That's exactly what i was thinking, thanks for the input gentleman, now if i can only find some stock rims and get these aftermarket terds of this dude, we'd be in good shape.

Roe TB, K&N Drop-In, Cut the cats and res, and tune... That's the way to go

yea, I like them single blade TB's

I was looking at the BBK and JTSVP throttle body's, and a pulley setup for the time being, would I need to tune it, after the TB install?

Opinion:..............

Contact Chris Jensen and get a Tune for your QC. The tune will wake the QC up like you won't believe. Don't be in a rush. Talk to Chris, tell him your maybe getting a pulley too. Chris will let you know what your in for.

Personally, I'm not sold on the TB's, just an opinion. Would not be a mod I would have done.

The reason I say talk to Chris, some will have you thinking you need everything from coil packs to to bumper stickers to get more out of your truck when it can be a lot simpler.

Oh, and I would keep an eye on the Venomous1's traction kit, you know what they say, if your spinning.... your losing......

JMB has the best underhood bling around

again, just an opinion

Last edited:
I was looking at the BBK and JTSVP throttle body's, and a pulley setup for the time being, would I need to tune it, after the TB install?

I would say from my expirience that you dont NEED to tune it unless you want to fine tune it. These trucks come rich from the factory (11:1 A/F) up top. Even after K&N drop in, BBK TB and B&B manifold back exhaust, it still ran rich. Of course rich is good to a point. It keeps our combustion chambers cool and happy. Too lean and they will detonate.

Get a AEM Wideband A/F before tuning.

Cheers!

I would say from my expirience that you dont NEED to tune it unless you want to fine tune it. These trucks come rich from the factory (11:1 A/F) up top. Even after K&N drop in, BBK TB and B&B manifold back exhaust, it still ran rich. Of course rich is good to a point. It keeps our combustion chambers cool and happy. Too lean and they will detonate.

Get a AEM Wideband A/F before tuning.

Cheers!

His truck is a quad cab, the tune defeats the torque management making it much more worthwhile than a tune on a RC. And combustion chambers like to be hot for the most efficient burn, cooler intake charge temps and fuel temps help stave off detonation.

Know what your end goal is going to be .... that way you are not doing things twice....or four times lol

as a professor use to say, plan your work and work your plan!!

His truck is a quad cab, the tune defeats the torque management making it much more worthwhile than a tune on a RC. And combustion chambers like to be hot for the most efficient burn, cooler intake charge temps and fuel temps help stave off detonation.

Gotch on the QC. Did not know. I agree on the chamber temps. That's the reason why an all aluminum engine likes to run around 190-200. Unfortunately, our two valve, open chamber heads will promote detonation with too much temp and pressure.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back