Factory Reproduction Wheels info?

59caddyhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm tempted to buy some of those chrome SRT-10 replica wheels from Factory Reproductions on ebay.

Anyone got a set,are they any good and is the chrome of a high standard.

Any info would be much appreciated as I have to get them over from the US to the UK and it can be worrying.

Cheers,Andrew.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270443804806

Well since no-one on here seems to own the chrome factory reproduction wheels :dontknow: , I have bought a set and I will find out the quality for myself.

If anyone in the UK (or Europe) wants my old polished wheels and 4 well legal Pirelli's, give me a PM.:)

Cheers to VIPER for at least answering.

GRIFFSRT has a set of chrome ones and they are the tits. dont know where he got em.

59caddyhog said:
Well since no-one on here seems to own the chrome factory reproduction wheels :dontknow: , I have bought a set and I will find out the quality for myself.

If anyone in the UK (or Europe) wants my old polished wheels and 4 well legal Pirelli's, give me a PM.:)

good deal bro... i hear the chrome rims look fookin GREAT on our trucks, i know that FastSRT19 has chrome wheels

6400_1132958918266_1056073478_30323882_7801660_n.jpg

and JRSVIPR

does, i think they will look GREAT !!!!!

I had them on my Black Hemi. The rims and the chrome plating are really good. The only downfall if you care is that they weight between 7-10 lbs more per rim than the OEM rims.

I'm going to be getting the gloss black ones from them soon. Post up and let me know how the quality of them are.

VIPER said:
good deal bro... i hear the chrome rims look fookin GREAT on our trucks, i know that FastSRT19 has chrome wheels...
QUOTE]
Yup i got chromes on mine...got em from Craig before he traded in his QC. I get alot of compliments on them.
rim.jpg

FastSRT19 said:
VIPER said:
good deal bro... i hear the chrome rims look fookin GREAT on our trucks, i know that FastSRT19 has chrome wheels...
QUOTE]
Yup i got chromes on mine...got em from Craig before he traded in his QC. I get alot of compliments on them.
rim.jpg

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

i need to put on my sunglasses to look at your rim's

59caddyhog said:

pm send

Percy

59caddyhog said:
Hi,
I'm tempted to buy some of those chrome SRT-10 replica wheels from Factory Reproductions on ebay.

Anyone got a set,are they any good and is the chrome of a high standard.

Any info would be much appreciated as I have to get them over from the US to the UK and it can be worrying.

Cheers,Andrew.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270443804806
I have a set of factory wheels i had chromed. They are for sale $1000.00 + shipping.

JRSVIPR said:
I have a set of factory wheels i had chromed. They are for sale $1000.00 + shipping.

if you dont mind me askin - what it cost you to get chromed, i was thinkin about doing the same thing

59caddyhog said:

Sorry I didn't pick up this thread earlier but I got a set of FR.
What you buy is what you get. They are cheap and quickly shipped.
The rims (Made in China !) are not completely well rounded but I managed to avoid vibrations by adding enough lead on the rims.
I would recommend to use transparent varnish on the inside and clean the outside very often during the winter period. Otherwise the chrome will take a holiday down south once they start to put salt on the roads.... I know mine did.
IMG_1854.jpg

You might want to post on usatrucks.nl forum to get rid of the OEM rims.
(But I would keep them for the winter)

Chrome Rims

Tire Rack has the best prices on these rims. I bought a set with pirellis for around $2000 ready to go, but i think the rims were around $278 each. I had checked around and nobody could beat there prices. They look awsome too triple dipped chrome you need sunglasses to look at them. check there prices compared to all the others:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Floor said:
Sorry I didn't pick up this thread earlier but I got a set of FR.
What you buy is what you get. They are cheap and quickly shipped.
The rims (Made in China !) are not completely well rounded but I managed to avoid vibrations by adding enough lead on the rims.
I would recommend to use transparent varnish on the inside and clean the outside very often during the winter period. Otherwise the chrome will take a holiday down south once they start to put salt on the roads.... I know mine did.
IMG_1854.jpg

You might want to post on usatrucks.nl forum to get rid of the OEM rims.
(But I would keep them for the winter)

The same thing happened to the chrome rims I bought for my vette. It didnt take long for them to start looking like that. Must be all the salt air down here in FL. I live a couple miles from the beach.

Cheers guys! A bit of a rant and I get 13 replies. :)

I got the rims themselves for $1026 and another $375 to ship them.

The Pirellis were in the UK for $700 brand new.
I think they misprinted the website coz that is too cheap but they honoured the deal.

The aftermarket rims are NOT forged (like OEM) so be careful about hitting curbs. They will bend easily from all the massive weight that is our trucks. .... Other than that, you should be fine.

Black1 said:
The aftermarket rims are NOT forged (like OEM) so be careful about hitting curbs. They will bend easily from all the massive weight that is our trucks. .... Other than that, you should be fine.
They are from China man, They probably glow in the dark.:D And if you take a turn to fast they will probably bend. Oh yeah, That radioactive stuff makes the chrome peel off.:p :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Just got a reply from the PermaStar people. This is going to be a present to myself (Christmas or Birthday)

We do not stock wheels but we can coat yours. I have attached a price list and instructions for sending in your wheels. Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Patrick J. Colahan
Vice-President & COO
Goodrich Technology Corporation
Office** 925-432-7782 x12
Fax****** 925-432-7785
Mobile* 925-864-1756
Email** [email protected]
URL**** www.goodrichtechnology.com
AUTOMOTIVE PARTS:
Alternator Case & Fan: $145.00 set plus S&H (Most)
Blower Assembly: $950.00 set plus S&H (Most)
Coil Covers: $125.00 pair plus S&H (Most)
Intake Manifolds, Small Block: $250.00 each plus S&H. (Most)
Intake Manifolds, Big Block: $300.00 each plus S&H. (Call for size limitations)
Intake Manifolds, Special Configuration: Call for Pricing
Oil Pan: $165.00 each plus S&H (Most)
Timing Cover: $250.00 plus S&H (Most)
Wheel, Billet or Welded Two Piece: $225.00 each plus S&H (Most)
Wheel, 20” or less, Cast Aluminum: $175.00 each plus S&H (Most)
Wheel, Greater than 20” Cast Aluminum: $185.00 each plus S&H (Most)
Wheel, Metal Center Cap: $25.00 each plus S&H (Most)
Valve Covers, Once Piece: $96.00 each plus S&H (Most)
Valve Covers, Two Piece: $125.00 each plus S&H (Most)

"F" China! 78.5% of our trade deficit is with those little fu*ks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back