Fake Battery Box??????

kennygene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why our trucks have a fake battery box on the passenger side? :dontknow: :dontknow: It makes a good storage spot but I wander why it is really there? Maybe thats why Dodge is going bankrupt-those dam expensive fake battery boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

if i am correct cause the original frame and such is from a 2500 and they have duel batteries if i am remembering correctly.

I thought the SRT frame was the same as the regular pickup?

Yes that is correct. Dual Battery holders for the Diesels. Justin @ JMB performance had some storage boxes that fit real nice in there. Look at my sig. Hell I will sell it to you if you want it. Powdercoated silver.

Be cool to make a fake battery and put storage inside...

So, the frame is actually from the 2500?

The fake battery tray is an old vestigial organ from when Rams used to be diesels with only 6 cyclinders, way back in prehistoric times. Through many years of mutations, the SRT-10 has evolved into a 10 cylinder gasoline burner, but there is still evidence of its genetic past linking it to the diesels. It's kind of like a human appendix.

I think the best usage of it was the MOPAR CAI w/Ram Air option. Way too expensive but looks really good.

WOT said:
The fake battery tray is an old vestigial organ from when Rams used to be diesels with only 6 cyclinders, way back in prehistoric times. Through many years of mutations, the SRT-10 has evolved into a 10 cylinder gasoline burner, but there is still evidence of its genetic past linking it to the diesels. It's kind of like a human appendix.

Vestigial organs! My God. I think my lectures are beginning to have an impact!

By the way if you are interested in a storage box for the passenger side battery box...contact Kevan.

I have removed mine to clean up the engine compartment, and have just ordered Justin's battery remote kit to remove the other one.

Prof said:
Vestigial organs! My God. I think my lectures are beginning to have an impact!

By the way if you are interested in a storage box for the passenger side battery box...contact Kevan.

I have removed mine to clean up the engine compartment, and have just ordered Justin's battery remote kit to remove the other one.

did ya get Justin's bracket for the PDM (fuse box)?????

Prof said:
Kevan was the one who designed an had the box built but I think Justin (JMB) ended up with the remaining inventory and may well be sold out. You need to check with him to see if he has any left. I have one on my truck and even though I don't keep anything in it yet, It balances the engine bay visually. Very nice product.

ZCx said:
did ya get Justin's bracket for the PDM (fuse box)?????

I had not thought about that.

I'll have a look today..

Thanks.

I am assuming these are on all rams 2004-2006 and that our trucks are no different. I'll check with a local dealer when I get time.

I know for a fact that the QCs were built on a 2500 diesel frame due to the torsional stress put on the frame by the torque of the 10. I however do not know after working at a dealership for 6 years where the RC frame comes from. I assume it's a shortened 3/4 ton frame? I know during that era you could order some funky combinations, but I dont remember a 3/4- 1ton short wheelbase reg cab truck but could be wrong.

I had thought it was the same frame as a 1500 with some modifications for flex. Does anyone know for sure?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back