Fake Battery Box??????

Do the normal 1500 series trucks have the 2nd battery box?

kennygene said:

Not at all because there was never a 1500 Diesel. That's what confused me about the reg cabs. Where did this frame come from? Was it specially cut down? I don't think so cause body/ bed mounts would not match up afterwards.

Has anyone compared their frame to the regular 1500 frame? I had always thought it was a modified 1500 but the battery box is all diesel. What the??? Somebody's gotta know!

I have one of the battery tray boxes for sale. Its black with a nice red viper fangs sticker on it. Look out for the for sale thread.:D

WOT said:
The fake battery tray is an old vestigial organ from when Rams used to be diesels with only 6 cyclinders, way back in prehistoric times. Through many years of mutations, the SRT-10 has evolved into a 10 cylinder gasoline burner, but there is still evidence of its genetic past linking it to the diesels. It's kind of like a human appendix.

And even further back from that they were stored under the drivers feet in a lovely box that held on to all the spilled battery acid so that you could clean it up at some point if you removed the battery and had a small enough arm to fit into the stamped steel.

All of them now have inadvertent drain holes.

The RC is a really just a beefed 1500 frame, there was a RC frame on eBay a while back and it looked just like a 1500 to my eyes with more bracing.

kennygene said:
My brothers 06 QC hemi had the dual battery boxes...although I don't know why..and since his is an 06 I think the frame is different:dontknow:
That's such a waste of damn money from Dodge...they should of only put 1 battery box for 1 battery DUH! then use all the money they could have saved to buy Chrysler partly back from Fiat:D

I think it is either a 2500 frame or a special 1500 .:dontknow:

If I remember correctly ( :confused: ) the standard 1500 frame would not work with the Viper engine /radiator due to the way it was designed for the offset radiator location for the HEMI and V-6.

The 2500 diesel frame had the radiator centered in the front and had dual battery trays..

:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

FATJACK said:
That Wikipedia listing is pretty neat, did not know it was there Howdy Jack! yeah I spent a day browsin the web for SRT 10 info and meandered up on wiki by luck. ................:rock: :D :rock:

HOT RAM said:
I think it is either a 2500 frame or a special 1500 .:dontknow:

If I remember correctly ( :confused: ) the standard 1500 frame would not work with the Viper engine /radiator due to the way it was designed for the offset radiator location for the HEMI and V-6.

The 2500 diesel frame had the radiator centered in the front and had dual battery trays..

:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:
Lets see some pics of the 74 bronco, ought to be a fun toy nelson................:rock: :D :rock:

by my hollander interchange rc trks the frame is srt only. dont make sense i think maybe 3rd shock in the rear other brackets braces that are welded to them.

Sounds like the frame is for sure 1/2 ton. So, what's the deal with 2 battery boxes?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back