Famoso Times for 9-8-06

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out to the test and tune this Friday. Weather was cool , about 73 degrees at 8 PM. I made two runs. I was using my M&H 390-40-17 Drag Radials. First run with 20lbs. and leaving @3000 RPM, got a slight bog then a little slipping. 60'=2.015, 1/8=8.447, 1/[email protected]. Speed at the 1/8 was 85.53mph. Second run was with 17lbs and leaving at 3500rpm, much better. 60'=1.880, 1/8=8.281, 1/4=12.883 @ 107.81mph. Speed at the 1/8 was 85.55mph. My mods are: Volant Ram Air, 170 therm, MoFo Headers, Magnaflow catback system, DC Stage II, Centerforce clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Caltracks and 4.56 gears. I'm a RED 2004 RC.

Nice run Jerry!
Mas
By the way do you have any suggestions where we could go eat on the 23rd?

That is great! Give it more power Scotty!(Captain Kirk)
Lets get it in the 11's!!!! 7's in the 8th!!

i notice you have MOFO headers, you must be lucky most post i remember reading alot of people got screwed or the headers didn't fit, btw nice runs

UNIBOY said:
Nice run Jerry!
Mas
All the straight guys eat at the " Y ", you HoMo's can enjoy the all you can Eat sausage bar :D :p

Hey Mas, as far as food, I posted some choices over on the event site for who's staying for dinner.

Hey BlackramSRT-10 , yes I was lucky in that my MoFo Headers were delivered late, but did fit very nicely. Easy install and no leaks. If you're coming to Famoso on the 23rd you'll get to see them. By the way , stock I dynoed 415HP and 433 Ftlbs and now after the DC stageII (and everything else) I'm at 482HP and 526 Ftlbs.

Nowwhat, there were a ton of cars because there was a Regular meet the next day. I arrived @ 7:30pm ( they open at 6:00) and cars were still coming in. Tech went fast (maybe 15 mins.) and I made my first run at about 9:15 and the second run at 11:00 pm. They kept the lanes open till about 11:45. I think my 60' can get even better because I am still not really heating up the tires and I'm not getting any boattailing on the high end. I think I may even drop to 15lbs and leave @ 4000 rpm ( although peak torque is at 4100) hmmm what do you think?

Trainman said:
Nowwhat, there were a ton of cars because there was a Regular meet the next day. I arrived @ 7:30pm ( they open at 6:00) and cars were still coming in. Tech went fast (maybe 15 mins.) and I made my first run at about 9:15 and the second run at 11:00 pm. They kept the lanes open till about 11:45. I think my 60' can get even better because I am still not really heating up the tires and I'm not getting any boattailing on the high end. I think I may even drop to 15lbs and leave @ 4000 rpm ( although peak torque is at 4100) hmmm what do you think?

John from M&H will be there....he will get us dialed in...but 15psi doesn't sound too low....the track sounds sticky....:D

UNIBOY said:

Mas, I have been thinking about this one. Tahoe Joe's is a fairly good steakhouse and saloon and I think they have a banquet room we could use if we get a good turnout. There are some good Basque, family style serving, places in B-field as well. Wifey may have some more ideas as well as she is not too far away.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back