Father/Daughter Discussion

Texas Yellow Fever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so
many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal
Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch
Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures
that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a
professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil,
selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher
taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare
programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her
professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.
He responded by asking how she was doing in school

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA,
and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she
was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying,
which left her no time to go out and party like other people she
knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really
have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"

She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy
classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so
popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always
invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show
up for classes because she's too hung over."

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's
office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GP A and give it to your
friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and
certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily
fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I have worked really hard for my
grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey
has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I
worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently,
"Welcome to the Republican Party."

:rock: :rock: :rock:

But I would pay even more taxes if I knew it would contribute to better law enforcement and outstanding teachers in our classrooms.

Prof said:
:rock: :rock: :rock:

But I would pay even more taxes if I knew it would contribute to better law enforcement and outstanding teachers in our classrooms.

I want them to use the money we already pay wisely. The waste in government programs is obscene in my opinion. The problem is that they answer to no one. All they do is continue to raise taxes and the level of service continues to decline. :mad:

Great one Steve.:rock: :D

Silverback said:
I want them to use the money we already pay wisely. The waste in government programs is obscene in my opinion. The problem is that they answer to no one. All they do is continue to raise taxes and the level of service continues to decline. :mad:

Great one Steve.:rock: :D

:dito: :dito:

We pay way too much in taxes, cut social programs. IMO

Bill.

Yes by all means cut the social programs starting with the socially elite programs . Or we could cease payments to countries we are tring to manipulate . Maybe if we reduced the political ring pay to a good horse and 500$ a year ,then maybe I could buy into what they do is for the good of the country .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

why dont we just get rid of the IRS all together and have no income taxes? raise the sales tax across the U.S. to 10%. you keep all you earn and only get taxed on what you buy. save your money and not get taxed until you actually spend it. this way there is no tax exempts. you buy a $10,000 car then pay taxes on a $10,000 car. you buy a $50,000 car then the same applies. this way drug dealers, prostitutes, gambling houses etc all who dont pay income taxes, will pay sales tax, cause everyone buys things. if everyone who doesnt pay taxes now, due to illegally gained money, would pay taxes, i bet we could even drop the sales tax lower than 10%. Add that to the legalization and taxation of ALL drugs, and not only are we saving money by eliminating income taxes, we are actually paying off our national deficit.
So in conclusion, eliminate income taxes, standardize the sales taxes across the U.S., legalize and tax all currently illegal drugs, pay off our national debt and live a long and happy life.
Want more than the next guy? work harder and earn it. at least thats the way i see it. JMO

muttvipertruck said:
why dont we just get rid of the IRS all together and have no income taxes? raise the sales tax across the U.S. to 10%. you keep all you earn and only get taxed on what you buy. save your money and not get taxed until you actually spend it. this way there is no tax exempts. you buy a $10,000 car then pay taxes on a $10,000 car. you buy a $50,000 car then the same applies. this way drug dealers, prostitutes, gambling houses etc all who dont pay income taxes, will pay sales tax, cause everyone buys things. if everyone who doesnt pay taxes now, due to illegally gained money, would pay taxes, i bet we could even drop the sales tax lower than 10%. Add that to the legalization and taxation of ALL drugs, and not only are we saving money by eliminating income taxes, we are actually paying off our national deficit.
So in conclusion, eliminate income taxes, standardize the sales taxes across the U.S., legalize and tax all currently illegal drugs, pay off our national debt and live a long and happy life.
Want more than the next guy? work harder and earn it. at least thats the way i see it. JMO

Absolutely ridiculous. Way too simple, rational, fair and it takes all of the power out of the politicians hands. You are way out of line with that idea.;)

You are probably right, way to simple.
Another item to add to my rant is our senators,congressmen, judges etc. I think its great you want to work hard and become a representative for your community. i applaud that, but you should not be able to make a career of it. Your pay should be equal to the current minimum wage. No more, no less. If the common man is supposed to live on that pay, then it should be a fine wage for yourself.
Exceptions to this would be military personel, police officers, firemen etc.These guys risk their life for us to life in a free and safe community, and should be paid accordingly. Also i will even add teachers in the mix, cause breeding and turning out dumb people will be nothing but a problem in the future. Schooling should be mandantory, and for the people who cant learn, lets bring back vocational schools so these people can learn a trade and support themselves and not become a burden to our society.
Again, this is just my opinion.

muttvipertruck said:
You are probably right, way to simple.
Another item to add to my rant is our senators,congressmen, judges etc. I think its great you want to work hard and become a representative for your community. i applaud that, but you should not be able to make a career of it. Your pay should be equal to the current minimum wage. No more, no less. If the common man is supposed to live on that pay, then it should be a fine wage for yourself.
Exceptions to this would be military personel, police officers, firemen etc.These guys risk their life for us to life in a free and safe community, and should be paid accordingly. Also i will even add teachers in the mix, cause breeding and turning out dumb people will be nothing but a problem in the future. Schooling should be mandantory, and for the people who cant learn, lets bring back vocational schools so these people can learn a trade and support themselves and not become a burden to our society.
Again, this is just my opinion.
and a fine one at that

Turtle is getting a very wise man...none of what you say is tough to swallow.

OK! What banner do we run you under...I suggest "Trucks for Mutt for President"...has kind of a nice ring to it!

FstJack, will you finance this for us?

Great post, Steve.....

Turtle, the idea of a 15% flat tax has been dandied about for sometime by such people as George W Bush, Steve Forbes and others.

Unfortunately the liberal democrats claim it would be an undue burden on the poor.....

These morons think with their feet.............

D

We do have term limits Mutt......Every 4 - 6 years you can choose to hire him back or fire his Ass ;) Pretty simple if you ask me...;) Just like any business though there is always the Phugger that has been with the company for 25 years, does nothing and gets paid pretty good for it. I say cut all the fat and fire anyone that cant carry the load anymore :confused:

Turtle must be signed in under the wrong username, this can't be mutt talking :thefinger:

I'm with the 15%.....been paying taxes ever since I started working, tired of others avoid or getting away without paying....it's simple, and even I can understand it :D

Oh, don't agree on the minimum wage statement (but I still love ya bro)....supply and demand drives wages, min wage typically (not always) means min effort and/or intellect to complete....I worked minimum wage on my first two jobs....it quickly made me realize I had to get good grades and pay attention so I could make some real money....still waiting for that day to come ;) I'll pay top dollar for smart, honest leadership....oh, and more money for teachers!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back