Father/Daughter Discussion

Oh, and STEVE, you rock....good post....that was funnae :D

Big Perm said:
Turtle must be signed in under the wrong username, this can't be mutt talking :thefinger:

I'm with the 15%.....been paying taxes ever since I started working, tired of others avoid or getting away without paying....it's simple, and even I can understand it :D

Oh, don't agree on the minimum wage statement (but I still love ya bro)....supply and demand drives wages, min wage typically (not always) means min effort and/or intellect to complete....I worked minimum wage on my first two jobs....it quickly made me realize I had to get good grades and pay attention so I could make some real money....still waiting for that day to come ;) I'll pay top dollar for smart, honest leadership....oh, and more money for teachers!!!
Not to mention you spent 3 years in 6th grade ;) :D

Big Perm said:
Turtle must be signed in under the wrong username, this can't be mutt talking :thefinger:

I'm with the 15%.....been paying taxes ever since I started working, tired of others avoid or getting away without paying....it's simple, and even I can understand it :D

Oh, don't agree on the minimum wage statement (but I still love ya bro)....supply and demand drives wages, min wage typically (not always) means min effort and/or intellect to complete....I worked minimum wage on my first two jobs....it quickly made me realize I had to get good grades and pay attention so I could make some real money....still waiting for that day to come ;) I'll pay top dollar for smart, honest leadership....oh, and more money for teachers!!!

guess i said that wrong about the minimum wage. what i was trying to say is that these people who want to be our representatives, should only get paid minimum wage. they should want to represent us because they want to make a difference, not because they are looking to build a career. by paying them only minimum wage this would insure us of getting someone to represent us that actually cares about the issues. Our representatives should actually be accessible to us, by being local, listening to what the people they are representing have to say, and in turn, actually casting a vote on the issues that represents the majority of their district. The day and age of voting one way based on being a republican or demorcrat is horse shit. The votes should be based on the real issues and the real feelings of the PEOPLE, not the PARTY. I do not consider myself a republican nor do i consider myself a democrat. i have voted for people from both parties and have voted for people not represented by either. I try to vote for the person i think will do the best, regardless of party affiliation. personally i dont give a shit about a persons private life ie. their sex partners, drug habits, their religious beliefs, their stand on abortion etc. i want them to tell me what their plan of action is for governing our county,state and nation PERIOD. anyways, hope that cleared it up....still voting for mutt????

muttvipertruck said:
guess i said that wrong about the minimum wage. what i was trying to say is that these people who want to be our representatives, should only get paid minimum wage. they should want to represent us because they want to make a difference, not because they are looking to build a career. by paying them only minimum wage this would insure us of getting someone to represent us that actually cares about the issues. Our representatives should actually be accessible to us, by being local, listening to what the people they are representing have to say, and in turn, actually casting a vote on the issues that represents the majority of their district. The day and age of voting one way based on being a republican or demorcrat is horse shit. The votes should be based on the real issues and the real feelings of the PEOPLE, not the PARTY. I do not consider myself a republican nor do i consider myself a democrat. i have voted for people from both parties and have voted for people not represented by either. I try to vote for the person i think will do the best, regardless of party affiliation. personally i dont give a shit about a persons private life ie. their sex partners, drug habits, their religious beliefs, their stand on abortion etc. i want them to tell me what their plan of action is for governing our county,state and nation PERIOD. anyways, hope that cleared it up....still voting for mutt????

I have always felt that the House of Representatives (at both the state and federal level) should be made up of normal citizens who are appointed like jury duty. Say 6 people are identified as candidates and you get to vote for one of those 6. They serve one term, and then return home. No re-election. Your done. No career. But you do have to return home and answer to your neighbors for what you did while you served.

This has about as much chance as Mutt's ideas, but it's nice to dream.

i like that. that way everyone actually has a shot at it and not just the career politians...hopefully get paid more than $15 a day

This is rapidly becoming my favorite thread...Texas Yellow Fever, your joke has inspired some great posts...this is the essence of the internet in our time!

Keep the ideas coming friends...its by exploring outside our normal way of doing things that we grow...

Don't you dare get me started! The rest of the family will flame the hell out of you for letting me out of my cage!

Prof said:
Don't you dare get me started! The rest of the family will flame the hell out of you for letting me out of my cage!
All the rest of the animals we have in here and your worried about a cage
ROFLMAO
Awwwwww come on Prof spill it , I mean hell for the MOST part we agree so I would prob back ya rather than flame ya ,and really whats a lil heat in here .
Now I gotta disagree on one point 15% flat tax is not something I would care to see for two reasons .The average working stiff pulling minimum wage +-
Cant afford that burden . That and no way am going to pay anywhere near that with out bitching . Like other said, before anything tax is even thought of they need to correct waste,overspending,corruption . Ever sit and read the whole bill going to Congress ? It is insane no one in thier right mind would ever think of signing anything like these . The main bill will call for something ppl think is good and will benifit the masses ,,,then as you read you start to find how he got the bill to pass since all the favors are right in the bill . Bill is maybe to improve air safety but in it you find cost of ugly congressman's statue in the square of his hometown or 30 ac of river land sodded on the N side only (since your brother in law is building a new Country Club on the S side and wants a nice view ) These are the types of reason I will find any way NOT to pay taxes as if I just care to flush 100 $ bills ,I can do that just fine at home with no help whatsoever :D :D :D :D :D
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Prof said:
Never! :D Come out Roy, we like opinions :D :D :D

muttvipertruck said:
seems like i am the only long winded one though...would love to hear other opinions
I agree with pretty much everything but I would like to add a couple things. All police officers should live in the town they police like the old town marshall then the neighborhoods might stay clean. Then if you can convince the Rockefeller and Rothschild people who control the federal reserve, our money, our air and our lives and have a strangle hold on this country through the banking system and energy system and every other dam thing they own then I could see something actually happening. Until then, nothing is going to change. :mad: Just my .02

A few ideas...

1. Pay K-12 teachers a huge salary (let's say $150K), hold them (and parents) accountable for outstanding results. Terminate the ineffective ones...(yes, the parents too) just think of the line of applicants and the results after 10 or 12 years.

2. Do the same for sworn law enforcement officers.

3. Set a date (say 2050), after which insurance companies will no longer compensate home owners for loss in hazardous places like coast lines and flood plains. Until that date, claims will be paid only once regardless of who owns the property. I will suffer from this, but it is ludicrous that I get compensated every few years for hurricane damage to my place in the Keys, that is going to get hit again and again.

4. Parents must be held accountable for the actions of their children.

5. DUI is criminal. One conviction and never drive again.

6. There is too little love in the world, let people love and marry who they want.

7. Helmet laws are an infringement on personal liberty.

8. Eliminate the death penalty...I can think of much better things to do to people who commit "capitol" crimes, and we convict so many innocent people.

9. Term limits for all elected positions.

10. Age limits for all federal positions to include the Supreme Court. (I hate this idea but it still think it is wise.)

11. Raise the age at which young people can drive.

12. Find ways to save: the rain forests, endangered species, childhood, the Bill of Rights, and human dignity.

13. Find ways to improve respect for: women, minorities, and all religions.

14. Encourage tolerance.

15. Add 2600 pounds to every Z06 in the country.

Enough for now...you folks can chew on me for about a week over all of the above.

Prof said:
A few ideas...

1. Pay K-12 teachers a huge salary (let's say $150K), hold them (and parents) accountable for outstanding results. Terminate the ineffective ones...(yes, the parents too) just think of the line of applicants and the results after 10 or 12 years.

2. Do the same for sworn law enforcement officers.

3. Set a date (say 2050), after which insurance companies will no longer compensate home owners for loss in hazardous places like coast lines and flood plains. Until that date, claims will be paid only once regardless of who owns the property. I will suffer from this, but it is ludicrous that I get compensated every few years for hurricane damage to my place in the Keys, that is going to get hit again and again.

4. Parents must be held accountable for the actions of their children.

5. DUI is criminal. One conviction and never drive again.

6. There is too little love in the world, let people love and marry who they want.

7. Helmet laws are an infringement on personal liberty.

8. Eliminate the death penalty...I can think of much better things to do to people who commit "capitol" crimes, and we convict so many innocent people.

9. Term limits for all elected positions.

10. Age limits for all federal positions to include the Supreme Court. (I hate this idea but it still think it is wise.)

11. Raise the age at which young people can drive.

12. Find ways to save: the rain forests, endangered species, childhood, the Bill of Rights, and human dignity.

13. Find ways to improve respect for: women, minorities, and all religions.

14. Encourage tolerance.

15. Add 2600 pounds to every Z06 in the country.

Enough for now...you folks can chew on me for about a week over all of the above.

Okay guys are you happy now?:dontknow: I for one have had it with Roy's liberal BS.:mad: ;) :D

Didn't think you were going to get by without me flinging one little turd at you did you Roy?:D :rock:

I have been waiting with abated breath for your comment. I would have felt ignored and unloved if you had not opined. Remember I am only a social liberal, I am truly a fiscal conservative...well nearly conservative.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back