feeler-Interest in snow chains for the trucks

FerrariTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys today at the dealer we had represenative come in offering to sell his line of high snow chains. These work great on bmws because as you know almost all of the cars run real big rims (19"+) on real wide tires. The chains are of a very low profile and arent likely to cause damage because of their low profile. I was thinking of getting some just so I could take the truck to the mountains for some snowboarding but I know some of you fellas get the white stuff right on your front door.

The guy said we would give us a group buy price on chain size specific for the 305/45 r22. normally would run bout 150 not sure if for a pair or set.

Stinker if you want to talk to the guy and carry the stuff let me know so i can send you the info

I had originally thought about chains, but they are such a PIA...mine's in storage anyway but I decided that some big tires with studs would be just as easy if I decided on any winter driving...maybe not as cost effective but way less hassle but that's just IMO and who gives a sh#t about that?

I don't know how often anyone's taken chains on and off but it ain't no fun! and even the low profile ones you wouldn't want to drive on a dry or even light snow highway. And you don't want to even think about one coming off at any speed, which I've also experienced.

Anyway, not trying to be negative...just not for me, too much hassle.

I never drive my truck in the winter, that's what 4x4s are for...

I drove my truck in the snow last year without chains and have decided that my truck should never be driven in the snow again no matter what, that was insane.

Had to start out in third gear, 1st & 2nd were impossible. Stopping with these big disks was a joke, had to use gearing to get almost completely stopped, then lightly touch the brake and still slide.

Nope, my truck isn't going anywhere in the snow again with or without chains.

I drove mine in the snow before it went down for the rebuild. The stock tires sucked. I had them sipped, and then it had much better manners. I did get chains for it, but never did have to use them after getting the sipped job done. Of course all of this was back when it was my daily driver.

FerrariTruck said:
Hey guys today at the dealer we had represenative come in offering to sell his line of high snow chains. These work great on bmws because as you know almost all of the cars run real big rims (19"+) on real wide tires. The chains are of a very low profile and arent likely to cause damage because of their low profile. I was thinking of getting some just so I could take the truck to the mountains for some snowboarding but I know some of you fellas get the white stuff right on your front door.

The guy said we would give us a group buy price on chain size specific for the 305/45 r22. normally would run bout 150 not sure if for a pair or set.

Stinker if you want to talk to the guy and carry the stuff let me know so i can send you the info
:elefant: I want some of what your smoking :itsme:

:aetsch:

505'sFastestViper. said:
ferrari is about on the same level as scoobert now what an idiot!!!!!!!
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha................I concur :D :elefant: :elefant:

I thimk you need to bestow the Title of Dumbass of The Year to Fredo ( whole new year ya know)

Jeffy, hey Jeffy, ya need to make Frado a Sig Line Dumbass Award...................

Last edited:
I don't want to "chain up" an 18 wheeler, sure as hell ain't gonna do my 10 that way! Seriously NOT a good idea, need chains to move, stay the hell OFF THE ROAD!!

yellowfever#154 said:
Your "F"in nuts to put chains on one of these trucks. Never thought Id read this.
The hell with chains, I am just going to weld paddles on my spare rims :D :D

Then I can do the Dunes too :rock: :p :p :aetsch: :aetsch: :D :D

i live with lots of snow half the year found best solution i pull it into the garage and park it starting it about once a month and sitting listening to music in it for about 10 minutes lol.. then get out and hop in the avalanche and go do what i need to do :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back