Ferrari 360, sounds like a fat can?

scoobert said:
always liked the countach, just the looks thou.
drove the diablo, a super nice car.
got to drive the f50, that was super cool.
sound wise.... my favorite i think is the carerra gt....

best drive was the f1, but listen to it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzy20xtfeNw&feature=related

Not to be that guy, but I'm calling your shit. The diablo I drove was the biggest piece of crap I've ever been in. Lambo is not exactly known for their build quality.

BriteCrawler said:
Not to be that guy, but I'm calling your shit. The diablo I drove was the biggest piece of crap I've ever been in. Lambo is not exactly known for their build quality.

you know there were a few versions of the diablo right?
i drove the audi version.......

scoobert said:
wrong. i thought you were but had to look it up :eek:
Specifications
[edit] Engine

All models featured the same layout:

* No. of cylinders: 90° V8 F131
* Bore & stroke: 85 by 79 mm (3.34 by 3.11 in)
* Total displacement: 3586 cm³ (218.8 in³)
* Redline: 8500 rpm

For Modena, Spider, Modena F1 and Spider F1:

* Maximum power: 405 PS (300 kW; 400 bhp) @ 8500 rpm[1]
* Maximum torque: 373 N·m (275 lbf·ft) @ 4750 rpm[1]

For Challenge Stradale:

* Maximum power: 425 PS (317 kW; 420 bhp) @ 8500 rpm
* Maximum torque: 373 N·m (275 lbf·ft) @ 4750 rpm

275 FTLBS is not even close.
it is twice the power of my honda..........

400 Hp with 218 in³ in the ferrai
505 with a 505 in³ in the viper

you tell me what motor is better, torque means nothing in a car

scoobert said:
torque means nothing?
tell me why that 400 HP car can only go 30mph faster then our pickup?

think about this...a 3.6L v8 with 400 hp can do 190-200
the 8.3L v10 with 505 hp can do 150....so 100 less hp, 287 CI LESS displacement...again torque is a worthless stat for a car

ok, and now,
According to Volkswagen Group, the DIN rated[citation needed] motive power output, approved by TÜV Süddeutschland, of the final production Veyron engine produces 1,001 metric horsepower (736 kW; 987 bhp) and generates 1,250 newton metres (922 ft·lbf) of torque.[16] The figure has been confirmed by Bugatti officials to actually be conservative, with the real total being 1020 bhp or more.[17]

so 8L and 922 ftlbs can go 250+..... hp is just a pinch more at about 1000.
if it had 500ftlbs i doubt it would go 240.

scoobert said:
ok, and now,
According to Volkswagen Group, the DIN rated[citation needed] motive power output, approved by TÜV Süddeutschland, of the final production Veyron engine produces 1,001 metric horsepower (736 kW; 987 bhp) and generates 1,250 newton metres (922 ft·lbf) of torque.[16] The figure has been confirmed by Bugatti officials to actually be conservative, with the real total being 1020 bhp or more.[17]

so 8L and 922 ftlbs can go 250+..... hp is just a pinch more at about 1000.
if it had 500ftlbs i doubt it would go 240.

how did we go from a farrai to a vayron? the block being a W16 and 4 turbos help a lot with power.... remember the 10 is a brick, the farrai and the veyron have a wind coefficient of a fish so the power goes A LOT farther

Smokey said:
think about this...a 3.6L v8 with 400 hp can do 190-200
the 8.3L v10 with 505 hp can do 150....so 100 less hp, 287 CI LESS displacement...again torque is a worthless stat for a car

A more accurate comparison would be a 360 with a Viper car...

Vman455 said:
A more accurate comparison would be a 360 with a Viper car...

my point exactly:D we Americans like our displacement and throaty exhausts

I did some work ona 348 and had the car for a week the guy had a few g's into the exhaust.. it was loud!!! Sounded like a sport bike on steroids. It turned heads just to see what the HE!! sounded like that!!! Was awesome

scoobert said:
viper car is case in point, torque over HP......

haha....no...not even close

taken off the 2010 viper:
600HP
560tq

your research shows that your just pulling info outta thin air, the less restriction you have, the more HP you will ultimately produce. the more back flow leads to torque. the farrai (5valve) will always make more HP to TQ. the viper (2 valve, push rod) will always be more a torque monster, hence the closer numbers. learn to Google scoob

Smokey said:
haha....no...not even close

taken off the 2010 viper:
600HP
560tq

your research shows that your just pulling info outta thin air, the less restriction you have, the more HP you will ultimately produce. the more back flow leads to torque. the farrai (5valve) will always make more HP to TQ. the viper (2 valve, push rod) will always be more a torque monster, hence the closer numbers. learn to Google scoob

Actually, torque and horsepower are directly related, as torque is a measure of twisting force and power is a measurement of that force over time. Low-torque Ferrari engines produce as much horsepower as they do because they rev into the stratosphere. But a car's ability to accelerate at any given RPM depends on the amount of torque generated by the engine at that RPM (as well as mass, gearing, etc.). This is why Carroll Shelby said, "Horsepower sells cars; torque wins races."

another worthless thread thanks scooby i just wasted my time reading this

the 360 exhaust is one of the most expensive exhaust that ferrari has ever had due to the r&d. the muffle will actually expand as it gets hot and they weren't made to be loud. thats why they have the bypass valve so at a certain vacuum the opens the exhaust up. Now some guys have put different exhaust on but one of the best sounding exhaust for ferrari's is the challenge type exhaust that they use only in racing.

Just remember ferrari's aren't made to be the loudest, the fastest, or even the prettiest cars out there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back