few vids from today

rottenronnie said:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29491

Wind correction is a tough one to do accurately.
The above posts might help with the other stuff.
Scroll down in that thread, Stinker has a sea-level track converter that is easy to use.

Rotten (-30 no racing today) Ronnie
thanks that says my 12.47 pass corrected would be a 12.06 though i dunno if i buy that:dontknow:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
thanks that says my 12.47 pass corrected would be a 12.06 though i dunno if i buy that:dontknow:

Why not? :dontknow:

That is very doable. I have seen the big-inch n.a. engine vehicles drop a SECOND going from Calgary to Mission (sea-level).

6 or 7 10ths is quite typical...So, for my own truck that last ran at 3000 feet, drop 5 or 6 and that is a 12 flat or a very high 11 at sea-level.

But it is minus 30 here right now so no racing until May... :)

Last edited:
Trainman said:
Yep...but I will try to find some calipers that are already shaved..or I may replace with some aftermarket ones. I have an appointment with BBK tomorrow (weather permiting) for the new 67mm throttle body. I think they are going to use my truck as the pattern for the throttle linkage needed to make the 67mm work on our trucks. I may not be able to cross the summit on I-5 if its snowing in the mountains tomorrow, as I am about 110 miles north of the LA area.
To answer your question, John at M&H is right here in Bakersfield and he is recommending the Nostalgia 12:00 / 16 for me because the Drag Radial just won't hold with my present setup.
Did you run the stock radial tire on the front during your runs? John at M&H said I will need to run a biased ply tire in the front. How was the handling on the top end with 16LBS in the slicks?

16lbs isnt bad at all on those slicks....I run 14 in mine and it does get a little squirly over 110 but nothing too scary.

Hey Justin...if the traction was grabbing good at 20Lbs, then why did you drop to 16 Lbs?

:D :rock: 16 lbs? Did the slicks spin on the wheels anymore? Looks like it hooked good bro:marchmellow:

LoveThisTruck said:
:D :rock: 16 lbs? Did the slicks spin on the wheels anymore? Looks like it hooked good bro:marchmellow:
they look like they are in the same spot kinda hard to tell now thought the mark on the tire has got old and started to come off, if they moved it wasn't more than a 1/16th of an inch, and when you ran them did you notice that they are directional??

rottenronnie said:
Why not? :dontknow:

That is very doable. I have seen the big-inch n.a. engine vehicles drop a SECOND going from Calgary to Mission (sea-level).

6 or 7 10ths is quite typical...So, for my own truck that last ran at 3000 feet, drop 5 or 6 and that is a 12 flat or a very high 11 at sea-level.

But it is minus 30 here right now so no racing until May... :)
i guess because i've never seen it happen?? just seems like a HUGE change

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i guess because i've never seen it happen?? just seems like a HUGE change

I see it ALL THE TIME. It is a HUGE change!
Like I said in another post, unless you have raced moving from high to low or low to high tracks, it is hard to comprehend.

It drives the Super Stock guys insane when they come here to race. Same situation in Bandimere Colorado I'm sure.

This is handy; complete with a pull-down track finder, and will give you HOURLY conditions at tracks all over the continent...

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
I see it ALL THE TIME. It is a HUGE change!
Like I said in another post, unless you have raced moving from high to low or low to high tracks, it is hard to comprehend.

It drives the Super Stock guys insane when they come here to race. Same situation in Bandimere Colorado I'm sure.

This is handy; complete with a pull-down track finder, and will give you HOURLY conditions at tracks all over the continent...

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Yeah that is the one I use

CentralTexHemi said:
Yeah that is the one I use

WADE!!!! whats up man havn't seen or talked to ya in a long time! i'll shoot you a tx somtime this week :rock: hey justin keep up the good work man! i can't weait until; 2 more weeks! until i have mine back

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back