Fiat 500

DrChrysler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random pics.

should trade your gas guzzlers in for this baby!

DSCN2208.jpg

DSCN2206.jpg

DSCN2204.jpg

Well I am not trading my truck(s) but I do want one, where did you get it from? I thought they were coming next year?

Hmmmmm

That might work for the Spousal Unit

Well I am not trading my truck(s) but I do want one, where did you get it from? I thought they were coming next year?

See the MANUFACTURER plate in the rear window??? ;):D:rock:

The little things are cool. It will be interesting to see if they will bring the Abarth model over here.

See the MANUFACTURER plate in the rear window??? ;):D:rock:

It will be interesting to see if they will bring the Abarth model over here.

Thats the high performance sports model right? The one with 2 hamsters in a squirrel cage instead of one :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would like to live through a vehicle accident. lol. Dont think you would make it in that little guy.

Thats the high performance sports model right? The one with 2 hamsters in a squirrel cage instead of one :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ha ha. That was a good one. Not sure of the look. I don't think I would ever own a small car like that. Scared a bicycle would hit me and total the car. :aetsch:

kinda ugly to me, Hollywood clebs can keep the small car save the world idea.

I like seeing 9.1 MPG in my truck, Maybe the smartcar with a busa motor would be cool, cause least that can pull 13's.

It never ceases to amaze me that most people equate size to safety. It's just not true.

I will give one example. Two vehicles are involved in an accident where they are hit broadside by a large truck.

One vehicle is a SRT/10 pickup. The other is the Fiat 500. Which is safer and why?

The pickup has more mass, and has 4 large sticky tires on the ground. More of the energy of the collision will be expended on the pickup and it's passengers before it starts to slide sideways after the tires finally lose their grip.

The Fiat 500 has less mass, and smaller tires. When hit it will start to slide sideways sooner, therefore transmitting less of the impact energy to the passengers.

In the case of a head on collision, there are other factors also. A body on frame construction like the pickups will generally transmit more energy to the passengers, than a unibody constructed vehicle like the Fiat 500. The reason for this is it's easier to design in crumple zones in a unibody vehicle than in a body on frame vehicle.

And does anyone want to guess what a pickup would look like sandwiched between those two trucks. It would probably be just a larger ball of steel, but the results would be pretty much the same.

It never ceases to amaze me that most people equate size to safety. It's just not true.

I will give one example. Two vehicles are involved in an accident where they are hit broadside by a large truck.

One vehicle is a SRT/10 pickup. The other is the Fiat 500. Which is safer and why?

The pickup has more mass, and has 4 large sticky tires on the ground. More of the energy of the collision will be expended on the pickup and it's passengers before it starts to slide sideways after the tires finally lose their grip.

The Fiat 500 has less mass, and smaller tires. When hit it will start to slide sideways sooner, therefore transmitting less of the impact energy to the passengers.

In the case of a head on collision, there are other factors also. A body on frame construction like the pickups will generally transmit more energy to the passengers, than a unibody constructed vehicle like the Fiat 500. The reason for this is it's easier to design in crumple zones in a unibody vehicle than in a body on frame vehicle.

And does anyone want to guess what a pickup would look like sandwiched between those two trucks. It would probably be just a larger ball of steel, but the results would be pretty much the same.

We just had a accident here christmas day, car was a accent, both people died in the car, on impact. speed limit was 45mph on the road.

Can't really say I agree with you, last year honda civic same road, clipped by a trash truck. Woman died in the car, 4 year old thank god did not die, and woman was on fire also.

I got into a accident before in my truck, hit a newer ford focus. I had almost no damage and focus was smashed to hell :confused:

Can't say I agree with what you said.

I would take a accident in my truck before that fiat 500.

Hi,
nice 500 :)
I work for Fiat in germany, if you need technical support let me know ;)

Roland

Last year I was in Cologne, that's the first place I spotted one. They have a great look. Really unique. The Alpha is pretty sharp too. (I didn't see an Alpha in Germany, only the Fiat).

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back