Finally ordered WHEELS!

I like those wheels! It kinda reminds me of the the wheels I put on my first viper... just a little easier to clean. They are still my fave wheels I have ever put on anything. HRE 547r's. I just bought my truck but have been thinking about a style just like you chose. I wont ever do biz with HRE again but I like the look. I will never do the 3 piece wheel either for cleaning reasons. The ccw 505a is what I think im going to buy for my Viper and I would love to find a wheel for the truck to match... when I save up the money. Cant wait for pics!

Attachments

• vipe8.jpg
    vipe8.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 97
Tooloe said:
put a nice coat of sealer on them before you install them! other than that kick ass choice! and make sure to post the weight diffrence from the stocker please!

Any suggestions on type of "sealer"??

That's a awesome lookin wheel!!:rock:

I really would like to have these....
sprint.jpg

GADodgetech said:
Those look alot like the hennessey wheels :dontknow: :confused:

There Iforged wheels;) They may make wheels for hennessey:dontknow: I still like them though:rock:

Guess what BROWN brought to me today??

Well the BOYD'S showed up today and when I got home this evening I had to do a test fit...........PERFECT! I know the rotors and calipers look like crap! I think now is the time to invest in some drilled/slotted rotors and spruce up the calipers. Now I am trying to decide if I want to powdercoat the centers silver and clear the wheels or just ZOOPSEAL as is:dontknow: Feel free to comment on what you guys think. I am leaning toward ZOOP but just can't seem to decide. Here are some pics. BTW the wheel has a clear shrink wrap film on the lip which makes it look dull in the pics.
Test fit Boyds Wheels SRT 001.jpg

Test fit Boyds Wheels SRT 002.jpg

Test fit Boyds Wheels SRT 003.jpg

Test fit Boyds Wheels SRT 004.jpg

Test fit Boyds Wheels SRT 006.jpg

Test fit Boyds Wheels SRT 007.jpg

Test fit Boyds Wheels SRT 008.jpg

Last edited:
Tooloe said:
put a nice coat of sealer on them before you install them! other than that kick ass choice! and make sure to post the weight diffrence from the stocker please!

Not sure what the stockers weigh but these are EXACTLY 31.4lbs! Not bad for a 22x10 wheel:D

OnceBitten said:
Not sure what the stockers weigh but these are EXACTLY 31.4lbs! Not bad for a 22x10 wheel:D
I believe the stockers are 40.5 lbs.

OnceBitten said:

WOW!! I believe that's over 10lbs savings....:dontknow:

UPDATE!

Well it's been nearly a month since the wheels arrived and I have been busy (when time allows) getting everything ready to put em' on! New brakes, rotors turned and painted, calipers removed and painted, flushed brake fluid and replaced with synthetic, and detailed the wheel well area (including a quick polishing and sealing of the upper control arms):rock:

I used ZOOPSEAL on the wheels and control arms after polishing. Let me tell you....I hope this stuff is as good as advertised because it is a PIA to do:( . The process is not that difficult it just took the stuff a week to cure! As with anything the next time it will be much easier. This time was more of a learning experience. Mostly in the art of the application. The next time I will use distilled water for cleaning and LESS sealer. All in all I am pretty happy with the finished product and will probably polish and seal them again this winter. If I get some good weather this week a good wash, wax, and detail is next and then on with the wheels:rock: Well enough blah blah blah...here are some pics.:D

New Boyds and Calipers 001.jpg

New Boyds and Calipers 002.jpg

New Boyds and Calipers 003.jpg

New Boyds and Calipers 004.jpg

New Boyds and Calipers 005.jpg

New Boyds and Calipers 006.jpg

New Boyds and Calipers 008.jpg

New Boyds and Calipers 007.jpg

Nice job bro, Calipers look great. Get them them wheels put on and give us a few more pics.

Definetly did a good job! Now get those wheels mounted and take some real pics!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back